Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:10 PM

179 posts, read 548,012 times

Advertisements

I visited both Knoxville and Chattanooga, and I just fell in love with Chattanooga! I have relatives in Knoxville, so you can see I'm not biased.

I spent time in both cities, and I really love how C is laid out. The city makes excellent use of the TN river/Lake Chickamauga, and it seems like no matter where you are it is less than a 1/2 hr drive to get there (unlike Detroit, where you can drive a good hr and 1/2 and still not be from one end of the suburbs to the other).

Downtown is great, cute shops and restaurants, and things for both tourists and locals to enjoy. No experience of panhandling (absolutely unheard of in Detroit!)

Found a great apartment on the north side, taking 153 north. But let me tell you what a hard decision; so many wonderful options to choose from!

I could go on and on, but I just wanted to tell all you natives and transplants alike that I can't wait to relocate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 10:34 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,667 times
Yay and congrats! Your story sounds vaguely familar

When is the big move???

Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 PM

5 posts, read 16,908 times
Smile Glad you like it

I am a transplant have lived in 3 different TN cities. All are great in their own way. Love to go to Chatanooga to see Aquarium, etc Good Luck hope it all goes well for you.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:32 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,275 times
Thanks for the report Pearl. So glad you liked out little city

Old 06-23-2009, 02:38 PM

340 posts, read 1,512,196 times
Who wouldn't?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:09 PM

I hope to move at the end of summer, November by the latest. It's so surprising (and refreshing coming from the D) that there are actually jobs somewhere in the world! I've found several that would fit my skills, but I'd like to have more $ saved up for any of Murphy's Laws I run into. :-)

Yes TriDad, I think I read your whole thread before I visited! I enjoyed your report alot! And I've seen you, jkme, all over the place with tons of relevant info; I appreciate you all. I know it's best not to generalize, but overall the Chattanooga board has been one of the friendliest forums I've ever been on!

Old 06-24-2009, 05:59 PM

77 posts, read 187,885 times
Default I concur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl14256 View Post
I hope to move at the end of summer, November by the latest. It's so surprising (and refreshing coming from the D) that there are actually jobs somewhere in the world! I've found several that would fit my skills, but I'd like to have more $ saved up for any of Murphy's Laws I run into. :-)

Yes TriDad, I think I read your whole thread before I visited! I enjoyed your report alot! And I've seen you, jkme, all over the place with tons of relevant info; I appreciate you all. I know it's best not to generalize, but overall the Chattanooga board has been one of the friendliest forums I've ever been on!
I agree with Pearl, this forum has been so informative and really helped in our decision to make our move this summer. See ya'll soon!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:08 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl14256 View Post

thank you - jkme, SPLIT and some others were a huge help when we were transitioning here so I'm glad to give back.

don't hesitate to ask if you need something or have questions.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:34 PM

So what is your favorite part about living in Chattanooga so far? And what is one thing you could do without and/or miss from your hometown?

Old 06-26-2009, 05:30 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,875,676 times
Cool Outdoor Activities

GLAD everyone had a good visit / relo trip . .Outdor activities is the favorite thing I enjoy about our city . .ChesterFrost county park is always a day treat. .. County FAIR in the fall is a wonderful family value activity. .The water quality in that section of the river / lake is nice for swimming / boating / good fishing.
... Extreme weather is the topic to do without in prior hometowns. 12 years of Fla got nasty after 2005 evacuation Hurricanes. Lots of heavy snow / ice storms from upper NY in early years.. Days of electricity outages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga