Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 05:33 PM

3 posts, read 6,446 times

Advertisements

Hi all!
We (my husband, 3 year old and I) are relocating for my husband's job to the Chattanooga area from Arkansas in October. My husband grew up in NC and I grew up in OK, neither of us have spent any time in and really know nothing about Chattanooga.

The houses that we like all seem to be in the Brainerd area. Can y'all give me some insight to the area...the good and bad!

Also, I'm looking for a great Mother's Day Out/Preschool in the area....if you know of any.

Thank you for any info you can provide!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 08:31 PM

264 posts, read 819,379 times
brainerd is pretty distinct from east brainerd imo with east brainerd having the better reputation of the two. East brainerd church of christ preschool on east brainerd rd is excellent, also St. Martins' Preschool, and Christ United Methodist preschool.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:50 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,762 times
Brainerd, my neck of the woods! It's best to purchase south of Brainerd Rd especially as you venture closer to Missionary Ridge. The north side has some great homes and neighborhoods as well but for future reference the south side is zoned for much better schools. East Ridge is good too if you want to venture to the other side of the interstate. Both areas have affordable homes and a nice blend of cultures and people. Stay away from Tunnel Blvd.

Aleph Bet is a WONDERFUL preschool right in Brainerd. They have 2 day 3 day and full week programs.

E Brainerd is an entirely different world. The homes are expensive, the schools are better and the traffic is a nightmare Prepare for soccer moms and SUVs

Old 08-26-2009, 06:57 AM

600 posts, read 2,259,988 times
There are some good deals on homes in E. Brainerd too, and I think the traffic is worse in Brainerd than it is in E. Brainerd, but that is only my opinion. I'm also sure there are NON-Christian preschools in the area that are good as well.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:35 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
Brainerd, my neck of the woods! It's best to purchase south of Brainerd Rd especially as you venture closer to Missionary Ridge. The north side has some great homes and neighborhoods as well but for future reference the south side is zoned for much better schools. East Ridge is good too if you want to venture to the other side of the interstate. Both areas have affordable homes and a nice blend of cultures and people. Stay away from Tunnel Blvd.

Aleph Bet is a WONDERFUL preschool right in Brainerd. They have 2 day 3 day and full week programs.

E Brainerd is an entirely different world. The homes are expensive, the schools are better and the traffic is a nightmare Prepare for soccer moms and SUVs
are you going to reveal the super secret street on which we'd all like to live in Brainerd?

Old 08-26-2009, 07:34 PM

264 posts, read 819,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post

the op has a 3 year old...she might be a soccer mom herself. why do soccer moms always get a bad rap? I would love to be a soccer mom, personally, but my kids suck at soccer

Old 08-27-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmom3 View Post
the op has a 3 year old...she might be a soccer mom herself. why do soccer moms always get a bad rap? I would love to be a soccer mom, personally, but my kids suck at soccer
HAHA I am a soccer mom and drive an SUV but it's not the norm in my "hood" lol

Old 08-27-2009, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
are you going to reveal the super secret street on which we'd all like to live in Brainerd?
Are you kidding? Well, I don't think too many will actually want to live over here in these teensy houses on these teensy streets so I will give some perspective... I am close to the bowling alley and Eastgate Mall. When my house grows up it wants to be like the ones on Marlboro Ave just up the road

Old 08-27-2009, 08:10 AM

600 posts, read 2,259,988 times
The older we get, the less house we need. We are already getting ready to downsize, so your house is probably perfect and you just don't realize it.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:49 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u4icmusic View Post
The older we get, the less house we need. We are already getting ready to downsize, so your house is probably perfect and you just don't realize it.
ready to move to the Northshore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga