Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 01:24 PM

10 posts, read 39,330 times

Advertisements

I'm sure it's been discussed previously, but I am just not getting the information I need. Looking at entertaining a 10 and 12 year old in a new city is hard, especially when they haven't developed super close friendships yet.
Want good places to go as a family over the next couple of weekends.
THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 01:43 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,488 times
Enchanted Maize (get there quick before all the corn gets trampled)

I know there's more but can't recall. What do the kids like to do?
Did you catch the Hamilton County Fair? There are more in the area all this month.

Rock climbing? Trail running? Lots to do for outdoorzy folks

Old 10-02-2009, 04:41 PM

264 posts, read 819,379 times
Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern
Sir Gooney's has a haunted house type thing with go carts and mini golf and such
The Aquarium does a halloween event where the kids dress up
Boo at the Zoo (might be too young for them but worth checking out)

Old 10-03-2009, 07:06 PM

600 posts, read 2,259,988 times
Lst year I did the haunted barn in Harrison, which was excellent. It includes a camp fire and a haunted hayride after you go through the haunted barn. Nothing objectable for your kids.

I also did Ruby Falls haunted cavern last year and it was also very good. It gets crowded, so get their early. You can save sales tax if you buy your tickets online.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:18 PM

246 posts, read 754,729 times
Yup here too! Ruby Falls is super good. You can do a youtube search and find some good footage. Sir Gooneys is also at the top of our list.

I also got lost in that stupid Haunted Corn Maize! Eeeks had a total freak out. Old age being what it is and all....

Old 10-05-2009, 06:30 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,762 times
LOL MountainAire! We got lost too, seriously! I felt very silly but thankfully one of the kids had to tinkle so we busted thru and ran to the barn LOL

Old 10-05-2009, 07:04 AM

70 posts, read 298,901 times
Default Stuff to do

Hey, ChattBound!

My wife and I live about 30 miles up I-75 from Chattanooga and thought you might like to consider a short drive out in the country. If you head North on I-75, take Exit 42 (Riveville) and visit the Guthrie Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch (Guthrie Farms). I understand they do a flashlight trip thorugh the maze every Friday and Saturday night which is really cool. From there, continue on to Exit 52 off I-75 and visit Mayfield Dairy (the largest dairy farm in the region). They have tours and an ice cream shop - our kikds (and grandkids) have enjoyed that...

Mayfield Dairy is in Athens, TN and, although it's basically a small town, there are still some things to do. There's a very popular skating rink there where a lot of local tweens go - that might be something to wrap into a day trip. Just some thoughts...

Hope this helps!

Old 10-05-2009, 07:09 AM

70 posts, read 298,901 times
Oops! Almost forget... There's a huge block party in Cleveland, TN where they close off the whole downtown area and have food, games, music and all that Halloween stuff. It's well supervised and usually a great place for a famlly outing. I don't know the details, and we haven't been for several years, but I believe they still have it every year just before Halloween - maybe the weekend before? You'd have to dig into that a little to get the details...

Old 10-06-2009, 11:03 AM

246 posts, read 754,729 times
Gee, just when I thought it was safe to pee in there.......

Old 10-10-2009, 08:33 AM

600 posts, read 2,259,988 times
The Friday Weekend section on the Times-Free Press lists all the Halloween events, the cost and hours of operation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga