Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2011, 08:48 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,397,061 times

Advertisements

My 1999(gm400) Yukon SLT is not moving.
Okay, let me start of by saying this. After I had installed a new starter for my Yukon I've found out a problem that I did not have before I had installed a new starter to get the truck running, after it was sitting for a while for like a couple to a few months without moving. The truck had a problem backing out of the driveway which the there's a little hill-like bump that tried to climb while in reverse, so in order for me to get out of the drive I had to move the truck up for about 2-3 yards and then put the truck in reverse and let it go on it's on for 2-3 seconds, then I hit the gas hard to get the truck out of their over that bump coming out the driveway.

Now it did have a problem driving forward but for some reason it had a problem getting out of that driveway which it did not have before it was sitting for a while before a new started was installed.

Also, since I go to automotive school I've told my instructor about the problem and he said that it's 2 things since my truck have been sitting for a while before it was started; It's either that the truck needs it's Transmission fluid changed along with a new Transmission Filter or it needs a new Transmission. So I'm thinking that since the truck have been sitting for a while with the Motor Oil that haven't been changed and things like that, that it might needs a new transmission fluid and filter.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC