Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2015, 12:28 PM

6 posts, read 14,104 times

Advertisements

Hoping someone has some insight.
2008 Lucerne CXL,
Gated community that uses Linear Megacode remote type. I have found the pdf for programming the buttons in the Car but am havign some issue.
I need to know first, which will either allow me to proceed or just stop:

Is the Lear Car2u system in an 08 Lucerne CXL GEN I or GEN II ?

Lear no longer offers phone support and i have only found a link to their website, no further support channel in any form is available.

I have the facility code and the remote ID code when those steps are reached, in the mean time, here is where ive gotten:

STEP ONE

Firmly press the “Left (L)” and “Right (R)” Car2U System buttons, at the same time, for 1 to 2 seconds, and then release them. All three LED lights will come on solid, to indicate that the programming mode has begun.

This step works for me( i was told by the gate control company that if this steps works it should be a GEN II, but see the next step)

STEP TWO

Next firmly press the “Left (L)” and “Center (C)” Car2U System buttons, at the same time, for 1 to 2 seconds, and then release them. All three LED lights will blink slowly for 2 seconds to indicate that the unit is entering Gate Programming mode. After blinking slowly, the lights will stay on solid.

NOTE: To program Tracking Gate units, you will need the entry gate transmitter, paper and pen might come in handy to write down the number if desired. On the back of the transmitter you will find 1) a Facility Code (FC) (up to three digits); and 2) a PIN / Transmitter ID Code (up to 5 digits).

This is where the system does not respond the same: when i release the Land C buttons, all three lights flash very rapidly for a short time and then go off.

STEP THREE

Identify your gate system from the chart below.

Write down the Tracking Code numbers from the back of your transmitter. If you do not have Tracking Code numbers on the back of your transmitter, contact your homeowners association before proceeding to the next step. Using the chart below, enter the Facility Code numbers and the PIN / Transmitter ID numbers. (The chart below shows Liftmaster with Passport Control Technology and the example number as 040 54055 from the transmitter number template shown in Fig 2.

NOTE: Leading “zero’s” need to be added if the FC does not equal 3 digits or the PIN number does not equal 5 digits. In the example a leading zero was added to the FC to make it 040 instead of 40 as shown on the transmitter to equal 3 digits.

(Table)

Left Button Presses
Gate Control System
Tracking Code Format: Facility PIN or Code (FC)
Tracking Code Format: TX ID
Example

Liftmaster with Passport Control Technology
2/3 Digits (add leading 0’s if necessary)
5 Digits (add leading 0’s if necessary)
040 54055

Sentex ClikCard
3 Digits (add leading 0’s if necessary)
030 12345

Linear Megacode
001 01234

Door King
020 00012

(/Table)

STEP FOUR

Firmly, press and release the LEFT (L) button – the same number of times listed in the table for your gate system. For example, if your gate system is a Liftmaster type, press the button once. The light above each button will go off then on again to indicate that a button is being pressed.

STEP FIVE

NOTE: Each digit in your gate access code must be entered one at a time starting with the Facility Code and then the PIN. For example, if your code is 040 54055, start with the number 0 and work your way to the right until the last number 5 is entered.

To enter your gate access code, press and release the CENTER (C) button (the correct number of times) to enter the first digit in your code. For example, press once for 1, press two times for 2 and so on. Then press the RIGHT (R) button 1 time to lock in the digit then enter your next digit using the center button.

Now enter each digit you wrote down in Step 4 until all the digits in your gate access code have been entered into the Car2U System.

IMPORTANT:

a. Use only the CENTER button to enter each digit. If the digit is “0”, do not press the center button; press the RIGHT button to lock in the “0” digit then enter the next digit in the code.

b. Press the RIGHT button once to lock in each digit and then proceed to the next digit in your code.

The indicator light will turn off and back on after you enter each code number to indicate that you were successful.

STEP SIX

After all the digits in your code have been entered, press and release all three buttons, at the same time, to complete the code entry. All three indicator lights will blink slowly 2 to 3 times and stay lit to indicate that programming was successful.

STEP SEVEN

Press and release the Car2U System button you would like to use to control the entry gate. When the button is released, the indicator light will begin to blink rapidly for a few seconds until programming is complete.

After successful programming you will be able to operate your Gate System using the Car2U System by pressing the button you programmed to activate the gate. The indicator light above the selected button will turn on to confirm that the Car2U System is responding to the button command.

Re-programming the Car2UTM System Buttons

NOTE: The system allows for three devices to be programmed. If you need to change or replace any of the three devices after initially programming them, you can repeat the process without having to erase the programming. For re-programming, go to STEP 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC