Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 05:31 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,002,224 times

Advertisements

Nice find, and sounds like a great deal making it well worth it!

I am a Charger fan myself (I have a 2013), but the SS is not as "bland" in person as pictures make it look. Sure, it is without the scoops and wings you would have found on the Pontiac G8 version of this platform. However, it has nice lines and is, IMO, a well done styling effort. It's going for a little more of a restrained and upscale look instead of in your face muscle.

The cars on this platform have always compared extremely favorably to BMW 5 series for a lot cheaper! I am sure your going to love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 06:59 AM

1,037 posts, read 3,161,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeoflight View Post
The ultimate in sleeper cars! Did you get a stick or auto?
Most people want sticks and they are rare so it is hard to find a deal on them. It is an auto and bonus point for wife being able to drive it as backup when our old work horse minivan goes to the shop.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:23 AM

30,348 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
I got a 2015 auto for $1 less than 40k.

I like the Charger, but prefer the more restraint look of the SS. It is all a matter of preference but I can understand why people think it is TOO restraint/boring. I like boring, I still have an Odyssey for 11+ years.
That's a great deal I really like the interior of the SS but the exterior is too much like Malibu...of course, that adds to the sleeper nature. From everything I've heard, the features, handling, performance, etc will more than satisfy anyone not taking it to the race track. Please give some feedback after driving it awhile.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:11 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,173,937 times
Quote:
Have you seen it in person? It has much more of a presence when you see and hear it, than just pictures. It is still not flashy like the Charger, and the 2016 fascia update makes it slightly more aggressive. I prefer the 2015 look, my real only issue with the exterior are the non-functional chrome side vents, and the tail doesn't do much for me. I think I will black out the side vents since it is black anyway.
Part of the problem is that honestly, I don't know if I have or not. It needed some more there there, some visual cues, like the Charger/Challenger have.

GM used to do a much better job of seperating the muscle car from the family car. Think Chevelle, Impala, Grand AM, 442, GTO.

My local dealer doesn't stock any, so I can't even go have a look for myself.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:28 PM

348 posts, read 372,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
At one time, I wanted the SS but now have switched to wanting the Charger Scat Pack which has significantly more power, is larger (since I'm 6'6" it's good), gets better mileage, is much better looking exterior and is similarly priced. The SS performance and features are still really excellent....how much of a deal did you get? I guess I would again consider the SS if the deal was fantastic enough.
I'd give both a test drive.

The Charger Scat Pack is heaver than the SS so the power/weight ratio is the same between the two and hence the two cars are tied in acceleration. Owing to MagneRide the SS is leagues beyond in handling and ride quality and is more refined in general.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:22 AM

1,037 posts, read 3,161,265 times
The SS also has a near 50/50 weight distribution, whereas the Charger Scat Pack is 54/46.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:45 AM

30,348 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
The SS also has a near 50/50 weight distribution, whereas the Charger Scat Pack is 54/46.
The SS has several advantages in the handling department in addition to the weight distribution, it's 400 lbs lighter, and it has the magnetic shocks that from everything I've read give it a substantial advantage in the ride/handling department. I just struggle with the exterior compared to the Charger SRT & SP.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:11 AM

556 posts, read 1,227,925 times
Love it. We had an 09 G8 GT a few years back and loved the car, was fantastic road trip car it was just too slow for my tastes and got rid of it 9 months later for a C6 Corvette. Our C7 has the magnetic ride and if the shocks on the SS are anything like ours, you will love it.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:23 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,722,808 times
I want to love the SS. On paper it is a beast. I considered buying one. I cant get past the "G8 had sex with a Malibu" look

Old 10-12-2015, 07:17 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,307,351 times
A beauty of a Car love the understated lines /sleeper look the C6 Corvette 6.2 LS3 and the Magnetic ride control out of the CTS-V enjoy it Praxis as i have a feeling this car will become a collectors cars and appreciate in value once they stop production of it much like the Pontiac G8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC