Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2015, 09:19 AM

8 posts, read 8,608 times

Advertisements

Any drivers/owners here? I'm looking to buy a slightly used compact SUV and love how cute the Encore looks.. but "cute looks" won't get me far if it sucks internally LOL. Also, I know NOTHING about cars so would like inputs from you all. Currently looking at 2013's and I know it was their first year releasing so it makes me kind of nervous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 11:31 AM

2,534 posts, read 2,797,288 times
I'm not a whole lot of help but I've been eyeballing them too. "Cute" got me too. I like the smaller chubby SUVs. Haven't truly done any real research yet. I want to to know more too. My first car was my mom's Buick (can't remember the model - it was a tank and very safe) and it ran forever. I've had good luck overall with GM products, if that helps.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:54 PM

8,272 posts, read 11,032,748 times
Let me preface this.
Having worked at a General Motors assembly plant I can state that Buicks have always been treated differently then the rest of the GM brands. Traditionally a higher level brand.

Now to this specific car/suv.
GM purchased Korean auto company Daewoo years back. For you youngsters, Daewoo cars entered the US years back. Sold OK. Financial issues caused Daewoo Motors into bankruptcy. GM purchased the Daewoo automotive assets. But not the name. All Daewoo dealerships in the US closed.

GM is using the Daewoo factories to produce and market cars all over the world. The Chevrolet Aveo being one of the first to make it to US shores.

This Buick is made in Korea by General Motors in one of the former Daewoo factories.

Some like the Korean cars today while others think that the Korean cars are still junk. That debate is endless.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:50 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,884,938 times
It was engineered by the GM German car manufacturer Opel, and is sold in Europe as a Opel Mokka

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Mokka

We looked at it in 2014 for my daughter as a replacement for our totaled Pontiac Vibe, but ultimately she wanted something a bit larger, after being sandwiched between two SUVs in the Vibe. It is a nice vehicle though. We see a lot of them around town so they do sell well.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:10 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,470,820 times
Toyota Rav4, very reliable will last you 200k miles trouble free!

10 Of The Best Used SUVs Under $10,000 | Autobytel.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC