Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2016, 02:04 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,279,121 times

Advertisements

I want no frills, just the I-4 2.5L, 4X4, extended cab, automatic, A/C. Having trouble getting a straight answer about the trims: LS vs. LT. vs. WT. vs. z71. WT apparently means work truck and has the bare minimum frills. z71 I assume if off-road. LT has the most frills. LS is somewhere between WT and LT???

In 2005, they talked me out of an order and sold me an in stock Colorado with an MP3 player and all other kinds of junk I've never used.

Help me out here, please; don't want to be a complete doofus when I go to the dealer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 12:03 PM

17,703 posts, read 15,453,917 times
I don't show an LS package on these, unless they're translating the "base" as "LS", which Chevy has been known to do before.

Basically, the major difference between the LT and Base is the A/T. Base comes with Manual, LT with Auto.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:11 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,762,183 times
You can order trucks with the specs you want, if you can wait and if you find out what the manufacturer offers BEFORE talking to a sales rep. The dealer will try to sell you what they have on the lot, and they will sometimes lie, telling you that you "can't" get something that you can get by ordering one built to your specs.

Be ready to walk out if the sales reps lie. You do have some choice in the matter.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:32 PM

8,272 posts, read 11,052,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
You can order trucks with the specs you want, if you can wait and if you find out what the manufacturer offers BEFORE talking to a sales rep. The dealer will try to sell you what they have on the lot, and they will sometimes lie, telling you that you "can't" get something that you can get by ordering one built to your specs.

Be ready to walk out if the sales reps lie. You do have some choice in the matter.
This is correct.
If you can wait. Order one exactly as you wish.
Rebates if any and incentives apply at time of delivery. Not the time you order.

If you have a business or can obtain any business license you can order through the Business Choice Program. The Business Choice Program has other incentives.

Note: Many/Most salesmen/women know zilch about the Business Choice Program. They will fill you with mis-information. If problems ask for the fleet sales manager.

In my state it only costs $50.00 to register a business. Other states the registering of a business can cost more. A business can be a sole-proprietorship. In other words self -employed. You can be a registered window washer or hair dresser or anything. Some states require a license. It's all the same. All you need for documentation for the Business Choice Program is your business license or business documentation from the states Secretary of State's office.

LINK

Old 02-21-2016, 10:03 AM

17,540 posts, read 22,307,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
I want no frills, just the I-4 2.5L, 4X4, extended cab, automatic, A/C. Having trouble getting a straight answer about the trims: LS vs. LT. vs. WT. vs. z71. WT apparently means work truck and has the bare minimum frills. z71 I assume if off-road. LT has the most frills. LS is somewhere between WT and LT???

In 2005, they talked me out of an order and sold me an in stock Colorado with an MP3 player and all other kinds of junk I've never used.

Help me out here, please; don't want to be a complete doofus when I go to the dealer.
You should be able to find what you want on dealer lots......it is a base model 4X4.

I looked on Ebay, was shocked to find a used one (200 miles) listed for $42,500.....insanity for a small truck!
Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4 Dr Pickup | eBay

Old 02-21-2016, 11:12 AM

11,157 posts, read 29,399,783 times
Another option OP is the V6 1/2-ton Chevy Silverrado 1500 or GMC Sierra 1500 might be cheaper and offer more in terms of payload and capability plus they have been out long and have had more of the bugs worked out

Old 03-01-2016, 08:29 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,014,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Another option OP is the V6 1/2-ton Chevy Silverrado 1500 or GMC Sierra 1500 might be cheaper and offer more in terms of payload and capability plus they have been out long and have had more of the bugs worked out
But then there's that nagging vibration problem with these models.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chevr...vibration.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC