Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 11:20 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,724,071 times

Advertisements

I have been looking for car for while. I started my search off with Toyota/Honda but branched out to see what else is out there. Recently I test drove a Buick Regal & I loved the feel of it. It was sporty but comfortable at same time. My current car is GM (pontiac Grand AM) & it served me well but wasn't problem free especially after 100K miles it had to be in the shop quiet often. I don't want a car that needs to be taken in all the time for unexpected repair.

If anyone owns or has experience with 2012 Buick Regal, I would appreciate the feedback. I know recently JD power put Buick as 2nd reliable car and consumer report has Buick at half red circle but I read lot of negative reviews on Edmund. The other car I loved was Mazda 6 for a very different reason & then there is the Camry/Accord. Any input

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 12:53 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,391,160 times
The Regal looks nice, especially the turbo variant. OP, I too, currently have a Grand AM but mine hasn't been as unreliable as yours seems. I considered the Regal when I was car shopping about a year ago. Sorry, I can't tell you about the car from personal experience. One thing I did when car shopping was watch a ton of reviews on YouTube about the particular vehicle I was looking at. Good luck.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:11 AM

To be honest, my Grand AM is not terrible car. It did great for the price I paid, it was rebuilt title (so been thru accident or thrift I forgot). I got it at age 22 and did not understand "car maintenance". The only time oil was changed in my first 6 years of ownership was when my dad took care of it. Even after all that neglectance and injury, it was with me for 10 years, all together 12 years of life & 140K miles on it. Even now it is running but on its last leg

I test drove a Buick Verano in Carrite yesterday to explore the Buick line & decide if I want to invest in a Regal or Verano or any Buick at all. Well the car kept dying on me during the test drive. Every time I stopped at a light the car would shut down. I had to turn the engine off & turn it back on to get it moving. The sales guy was in the car with me & helped me thru this & knew there is no way I am looking into one again. My brother had a Buick in college, really old one he got for few hundred bucks. I remember that car use to have the same issue where it would die at stoplight/sign & needed to be turned off & turned back on. No thanks, got my answer.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:09 AM

13,726 posts, read 12,516,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
To be honest, my Grand AM is not terrible car. It did great for the price I paid, it was rebuilt title (so been thru accident or thrift I forgot). I got it at age 22 and did not understand "car maintenance". The only time oil was changed in my first 6 years of ownership was when my dad took care of it. Even after all that neglectance and injury, it was with me for 10 years, all together 12 years of life & 140K miles on it. Even now it is running but on its last leg

I test drove a Buick Verano in Carrite yesterday to explore the Buick line & decide if I want to invest in a Regal or Verano or any Buick at all. Well the car kept dying on me during the test drive. Every time I stopped at a light the car would shut down. I had to turn the engine off & turn it back on to get it moving. The sales guy was in the car with me & helped me thru this & knew there is no way I am looking into one again. My brother had a Buick in college, really old one he got for few hundred bucks. I remember that car use to have the same issue where it would die at stoplight/sign & needed to be turned off & turned back on. No thanks, got my answer.
That is by design to save fuel. The car shuts down when you stop, and the engine fires up when you take your foot off the brake.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
That is by design to save fuel. The car shuts down when you stop, and the engine fires up when you take your foot off the brake.
Lol but the engine wasn't firing up when I took my foot off break. The engine didn't fire up when I hit accelerator. I had to shut it down completely

Old 04-19-2016, 08:03 PM

5,691 posts, read 5,946,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post

SO youre basing your decision on one car, well 2 which was probably a clunker to start with? OK, Ive had 2 Buicks. First one 01 LESabre went 275000 miles. Sure it had some problems, most AFTER 200000/ 2nd is an 06 Lacrosse, just turned over 200000 last week, I have not done anything but changed the oil and filters, one serp belt, and idler puller. Putting it in the shop next week for tie rod ends. Also have a 2012 Enclave, but it only has 40000 trouble free miles on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC