Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2017, 07:30 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,480,199 times

Advertisements

I'm researching replacement cars for my 13 year old Pontiac Vibe. It's taken me a while but I've narrowed down my chooses to four cars, the Buick Verano Premium turbo and the Chevy Cruze (turbo) are two of them. My plan is to save towards the replacement car and keep an eye on the used car market for them in case anything pops up that's a good deal. I'm looking at 2014-2016, used. Although I can get a GM employee discount on a new car through my parents (although I looked into it and it looks like enough to really justify buying new over used though... just around $2k off the price of the car).

Anyway, if anyone could provide feedback on either of these cars, that would be great. They both seem like good cars, well rated, etc. from what I read (and from one very helpful Citicard poster), but I'd really like some feedback from more owners. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 11:03 AM

106 posts, read 116,756 times
I currently own a 2016 Verano Turbo; I previously had a 2013, which I had "reluctantly" bought when I couldn't keep up with the repairs on my 2003 Pontiac GT.

I wound up really liking the car enough, that when the lease was up, I traded for the 2016 Turbo, which I wanted for more power.

I really enjoy driving this car; the front seats are very comfortable...well mine anyway LOL, since I'm always the driver.

The car has a built in Wifi Hotspot, which I pay $10 a month for 1 gig of Wifi through AT&T (which I have cell service with); I find it handy when traveling.

I have the full package of rear camera, GPS Navigation, Sunroof, heated seats and steering wheel, side blind mirror alerts, cross traffic alerts....I pay for Satellite Radio, which gives me access to these built in apps that show of all things the movie times and really handy when traveling, Gas station locations.

The trunk is big and the car has rear seats that fold down to carry more and bigger items.

The bad things are the following:

Gas mileage is terrible, especially for a small car, but for me tolerable since I mostly drive the
highway to work
There are a lot of very confusing buttons surrounding the radio area (took me
awhile to learn)
If you have an iPhone, you will have problems connecting to the Bluetooth to use the voice
recognition; that's why I wound up with a Samsung Galaxy Edge Phone instead, which works
perfectly
There is a weird blind area to the side of the driver which is why I rely so heavily on the blind
side Mirror alerts
The car is small; the backseat has very little foot area, so tall and/or big people will be
uncomfortable.

Last edited by nmg63; 02-19-2017 at 11:52 AM..

Old 02-19-2017, 11:11 AM

106 posts, read 116,756 times
http://www.buick.com/content/dam/Bui...%20Catalog.pdf

https://my.buick.com/content/dam/gmo...2015Verano.pdf

Here are some brochures.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:13 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,019 times
Car Reliability Comparisons

Old 02-19-2017, 11:17 AM

2,637 posts, read 7,427,871 times
Just had a Chevy Cruze as a rental for a 1.5 weeks when my car was in the shop. It was a 2015 LT2. The stereo & heated leather seats were a bonus. The car was slow to accerlate and didn't go well in the little bit of snow that was left on the ground. The back seat was too small to clients in. Exterior was cute. Would'nt buy it. I just remembered I had Buick Verano as a rental when I was on vacation a couple years ago, it was OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC