Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 07:27 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
  • I like the Volt.
  • The Buick seems a nice design, but I am not sure who it's marketing target is.. Older folks?
  • The Cadillac all pretty much look the same to me.
  • The Impala has no real distinguishing style.
  • And the Sonic I never heard of.

I think there is no real loss here except for the Volt. I guess they don't want to siphon sales from the Bolt, but if they had asked me I would have said, keep the Volt for a few more years and don't bother with the Bolt yet. I will not compete well with the Model3.
I also like the Volt. It’s a very practical car for a person or two. Not for a family of 3 or four. The Bolt has much more room and is more airy and not as claustrophobic. I leased a volt and it was fine for me but the low roof line and cramped interior made me happy I had leased it. Wonder why GM hasn’t put a hybrid in the impala? The Lexus ES and Toyota Avalon have hybrids and get around 40 mpg. That may be the answer to the sluggish sales. Gas prices aren’t going down much in the foreseeable future. I like the new Camry and the 2019 Avalon is going to be styled a little different also. They will still have the hybrid and it gets even better MPG in both the Camry and the Avalon. I talked to a Lexus representative at the auto show yesterday in Fort Lauderdale and he said Lexus IS keeping the 2019 under wraps until later in the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC