Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 04:38 AM

8,272 posts, read 11,038,333 times

Advertisements

[quote=easy62;52277035]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
Yet another butt ugly Mazda and Toyota wannbe with that fish mouth front end. This is an example of how ugly can you design a vehicle. Looks more like an Aztec than anything and we all know how ugly that was. Where's Harley Earl when you need him?[/QUOTE

So you’re an automotive design expert i see you know better than Gm about the vechiles they build.
No, but is anyone at GM ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 05:03 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,462,228 times
[quote=unit731;52281887]
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post

No, but is anyone at GM ?

See if you can get a job here since you know so much about designing vehicles.

GM Design Expansion to Double Studio Space and Complete Global Technical Center Transformation

Old 06-23-2018, 07:19 AM

9,929 posts, read 7,283,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
So it’s just a shortened Traverse?
Not really. It shares the platform with the Traverse but it is styled quite differently. It's going to be about a foot shorter and go after a different market.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
I will admit only being vaguely familiar with their crossover/SUV lineup but your question seems to touch on what I don't understand. It's like they are producing vehicles that are extremely similar to one another as opposed to vehicles that each have a somewhat distinct audience.
I really am not understanding why lol.

The Suburban being the exception of course.
They all are designed to meet different segments of the market just like sedans have for years. Look at it this way:

Trax = Sonic
Equinox = Cruze
Blazer = Malibu
Traverse = Impala.

Manufacturers are segmenting the markets much more finely today as modular platforms allow them to easily in a financially feasible manner.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:30 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,584,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I thought the Traverse replaced the Trailblazer? So what’s the point of selling this alongside the Traverse?
GM is stupid, that's why.

I like my 94 Blazer...

Old 06-23-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
It goes further than that today. Today, the platforms are also modular so the same one can do FWD, RWD, or AWD and can cover multiple models.

Consider VW's MQB platform. It's underpinning 23 vehicles from the A3 to the Touran van: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksw...B-based_models

Then they have the MLB for larger cars A4 to Urus (14 models) and the NSF (3 models) for city cars.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:49 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,462,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
It goes further than that today. Today, the platforms are also modular so the same one can do FWD, RWD, or AWD and can cover multiple models.

Consider VW's MQB platform. It's underpinning 23 vehicles from the A3 to the Touran van: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksw...B-based_models

Then they have the MLB for larger cars A4 to Urus (14 models) and the NSF (3 models) for city cars.
Yep my nephew works for VW of America at their office in Auburn Hills Michigan and he said VW wants to get down to 6 platforms for all their vehicles. It saves the company millions of dollars and cuts down on the assembly process. If a light switch fits a VW then it fits a Audi and a Porsche also.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:10 AM

824 posts, read 1,180,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwh View Post
It is FWD and made in Mexico so I am not buying they should call anything else even if they call it the Chevrolet FTDS would be better name than Blazer because the only good Blazer is RWD
and it was so great back in the 70's to the 2000's, this crossover version should never be a crossover, if this is the future then I will stick to the past.

general motors and chevy, you have made the wrong mark on this one, this bears absolutely no resemblance to the classic truck we all know and love.

one of the worst automobiles of the year.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:11 AM

824 posts, read 1,180,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArmor View Post
I've owned two older full-size Blazers and hoped this one would be more along the lines of the Bronco concept. It could have been another cool retro model and competitor for the Jeep. This is just another bland SUV that blends in with the rest of the herd.
I Know, this is just lame, chevy and gm need to go back to the basics again, very bad idea indeed.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:13 AM

34,294 posts, read 18,671,820 times
Sad that FIAT is one of the few companies that can stay true to a vehicle like the Jeep Wrangler while "American" companies like Chevy make vehicles to appeal to the Least Common Denominator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC