Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 11:09 AM

12,920 posts, read 9,178,287 times

Advertisements

God that's ugly. We loved our old S10 Blazer and had hope of a real SUV returning to the lineup. But nope, another city prowler, "crossover" clone built on a unibody. GM management just needs to be replaced from the top done. They have nothing left in their lineup for people like me who just want a practical vehicle to mix a bit of truck and family transportation in one vehicle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 11:30 AM

9,936 posts, read 7,306,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
God that's ugly. We loved our old S10 Blazer and had hope of a real SUV returning to the lineup. But nope, another city prowler, "crossover" clone built on a unibody. GM management just needs to be replaced from the top done. They have nothing left in their lineup for people like me who just want a practical vehicle to mix a bit of truck and family transportation in one vehicle.
The Tahoe and Colorado are available.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:57 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,801,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
The Tahoe and Colorado are available.
The Australian built Trailblazer is just that, an SUV based on the Colorado. I guess they realize the US population is getting more urban/suburban and less likely to ever go off-road.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:15 PM

17,675 posts, read 17,869,746 times
Looked up the Holden Trailblazer. It comes with a 2.8L turbo Diesel engine making 197 HP and 369 ft/lbs torque on a truck frame.
https://www.holden.com.au/cars/trailblazer

Old 06-24-2018, 02:13 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,292,384 times
It's disappointing but shouldn't be too surprising. Great models are more often than not replaced with less than great models. AFAIK, this new SUV/CUV will be just as good as all the others that look just like it, but it's nothing like the original. Neither was the Blazer II. Neither was the Bronco II. Neither was the T-bird. All big disappointments to most of us who loved or respected the original models.

Personally, I was never a huge fan of the original Blazer and thought the original was Bronco better, (bought a new one in '73) but then the original Bronco was first replaced with a Blazer look-alike and then by a toy Bronco II. The original T-bird was never a favorite of mine, but it was certainly a sporty-looking car and much better than its initial replacements in the '70s.

We get our hopes up, thinking that new models of the same name will be "new and improved." Alas, they're only new about 95% of the time and improved 5% of the time. Chevy's Corvette is an exception, as in most years (when the government didn't interfere) it's seen major improvements, but if I could magically, for the $100 I can afford, buy any one of the Corvette models offered since 1953, I'd still pick the '57. Nostalgia plays a major part of that love affair. I expect the same could be said for other iconic models, such as the Blazer. We want the same old Blazer but with subtle improvements. That just doesn't happen 50 years later.

Last edited by WyoNewk; 06-24-2018 at 02:22 PM..

Old 06-24-2018, 04:46 PM

15,467 posts, read 25,915,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
No because GM fed our family for over 30 years, my father worked for them I’ve seen their design studio at their Warren Technical center in Michigan. I have friends who work for GM. I’ve been around the automotive industry my whole life living in metro Detroit. I’ve worked for Chrysler at their pickup truck assembly plant. So yes I’m a true big3 supporter. Until you have worked or you have first had knowledge then you know nothing about how the automotive industry works.

I am very similar to you then, except most of my family worked, or still works for Ford. I also worked as a Designer for an Automotive supplier for a while, but later changed careers. I'm generally a Big 3 supporter too. However, I can admit when they make mistakes, and I think that they could have come up with something better than that thing they want to call a Blazer.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:06 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,470,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I am very similar to you then, except most of my family worked, or still works for Ford. I also worked as a Designer for an Automotive supplier for a while, but later changed careers. I'm generally a Big 3 supporter too. However, I can admit when they make mistakes, and I think that they could have come up with something better than that thing they want to call a Blazer.
Should of could of but they chose this design you know others think it’s a great looking vehicle style is in the eye of the beholder and like I’ve said before the design in today’s vehicles is sleeker to reduce air resistance. Then since you are familiar with auto manufacturing you know allot of research is done when making a new model. I’m pretty sure that the new Blazer will be a good seller for GM.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:25 PM

1,465 posts, read 1,092,240 times
Not a bad looking SUV but very similar to the generic design of today from all the manufacturers, domestic and foreign.

Old 07-07-2018, 02:47 PM

824 posts, read 1,180,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Ah, but most of the youngsters and much of the general public never heard of the original Chevrolet Blazer.
even the 2000's blazer was classic as well and it stayed on a body on frame, now the current one is a joke.

Old 07-07-2018, 02:52 PM

824 posts, read 1,180,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post

thank you, GM should be ashamed of themselves for turning the blazer into a disaster, just like the ford Taurus, that ford Taurus from 2006-2017 was the beginning of the end of ford sedans in America, fortunately Lincoln made a smart move by dumping the terrible MKS for the return of the great classic continental, it is next to the classic town car as the one of the greatest cars of all time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC