Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2018, 04:18 PM

639 posts, read 250,132 times

Advertisements

From a dead stop is the ONLY time it does it...I will push the gas and its like the tires lock up in the front and there is a loud grinding type noise and then it like just releases and it takes off...doesn't happen all the time but I am baffled...had it up on lift last night and everything looks fine...I am THINKING its something to do with the front wheel drive because we had another front wheel drive vehicle we had to take the I THINK differential out and it never got replaced but the noise stopped...my brother seems to think its the transmission shift solenoid....any ideas? Also if you take it real easy from a dead stop it won't do it but if you just push slightly harder it makes it do the noise and it only lasts for about 2 or 3 seconds and then the tires on the front spin and they take off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 04:28 PM

Just some extra info it shifts GREAT smooth as butter...no issues downshifting or upshifting and no missing shifts revving at all...

Old 08-05-2018, 04:33 PM

369 posts, read 327,412 times
Engineered problem.
Sounds like your anti lock brakes are kicking in. Brakes drag and grind. Same thing on Ford F150s
Of course it's not cheap to fix as the control modual will require replacement.
See if it occurs in reverse also. That will confirm

Old 08-05-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copymutt View Post
Engineered problem.
Sounds like your anti lock brakes are kicking in. Brakes drag and grind. Same thing on Ford F150s
Of course it's not cheap to fix as the control modual will require replacement.
See if it occurs in reverse also. That will confirm
I removed the ABS fuses last night on way home to see if it would stop since ABS light is on and it still does it. I'll try it in reverse though.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:57 PM

5,689 posts, read 5,941,918 times
Is it AWD? Our 05 had a very similar problem. Seems like it was something to do with the rear, believe it or not. Biggest problem we had with the thing was the front wheel bearings. OEM, aftermarket, cheap, expensive, whatever those things were always making the ABS light come on.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Is it AWD? Our 05 had a very similar problem. Seems like it was something to do with the rear, believe it or not. Biggest problem we had with the thing was the front wheel bearings. OEM, aftermarket, cheap, expensive, whatever those things were always making the ABS light come on.
No its front wheel drive. Tried to get it to do it in reverse did nothing. I am pretty sure it has something to do with my ABS system...it reminds me of a car trying to stop when you smash the brakes hard but its doing it when I try hitting the gas hard when I am going really slow or from a dead stop. ABS is on it was on when we bought it Thursday. Taking it to shop tomorrow or might just go to O'Reilly's and get them to run the diagnostics thing.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
No its front wheel drive. Tried to get it to do it in reverse did nothing. I am pretty sure it has something to do with my ABS system...it reminds me of a car trying to stop when you smash the brakes hard but its doing it when I try hitting the gas hard when I am going really slow or from a dead stop. ABS is on it was on when we bought it Thursday. Taking it to shop tomorrow or might just go to O'Reilly's and get them to run the diagnostics thing.
I doubt Oreallys code scanner will read ABS codes, I know AutoZone and Advance wont. at least the ones here wont.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:52 AM

OK took it to O'Reilly's its saying the right front speed sensor is bad which makes a LOT of sense...its got a shimmy when it drives and I would assume that being bad would make the tires not realize I am trying to drive and that makes it jerk the tires when I am trying to go...130$ to buy it and I can replace it myself just 3 bolts and a nut.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
OK took it to O'Reilly's its saying the right front speed sensor is bad which makes a LOT of sense...its got a shimmy when it drives and I would assume that being bad would make the tires not realize I am trying to drive and that makes it jerk the tires when I am trying to go...130$ to buy it and I can replace it myself just 3 bolts and a nut.
Thats the whole wheel bearing, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC