Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 07:07 PM

545 posts, read 2,043,029 times

Advertisements

I have a 1970 built big block i restored . 4 speed. T Tops. New Paint Job. Silly fast. Dont think ill ever part with it. Hundreds of restoration hours in it and thousands of american dollars in it too. I only put 2-3,000 miles on it per year . Theres quite a few Corvette CLubs up my way in northern Illinois.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 07:40 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,669,699 times
I have a '67 Coupe, 427/435 TriPower, 4 sp, factory air and sidepipes. It's all original....I bought it in '70 garage kept ever since.

Also have '63 Split Window Coupe, 4 sd, 327/300....currently restoring it.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:06 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,604,165 times
I don't own one but my best friend owns a 1971 vette with a 350 ci LT-1 engine and hurst shifter ....it's in good shape but it's bit of a frankenstein ...it has centerline rims ....the seats are from a '76 ...and the side mirrors are from a '73 ....the engine has been modified too ...4 barrel holley ....and exhaust system too ...aftermarket headers ...he says the big blocks are the ones to buy ...454 L-6 ....I really like those 1967 427 L-88's ...1968-72 are the best ...in 1973 the front was change from chrome to plastic ...still good but from 1974 on...not so good ....power way down too

Old 04-09-2008, 10:41 AM

30 posts, read 135,941 times
Corvettes everyone should own at least once in there life time. I got hooked when I was about 5, my best friends dad had an original 1971 LS6 car. We were on our way to Santa Cruz going over hwy 17. Mr. H told us to look at the line on the road behind us (yes two of us were in the passenger seat) as we turned to look, he side stept it and blackend out the line on the road also engulfing four lanes of traffic in tire smoke. That was a defineing moment in my life way back in 1974!!! Since then I have had 13 or 14 Vettes My pride and joy however is the one I purchased from Mr.H I have three now, all of my kids have vettes

Quick comparision
My 71 is blistering fast, handles so-so, turns every head on the street, kinda comfortable, not good for long road trips, hard to find gas that will run in it.Value through the roof big bucks

92 Zr-1 does not seem as quick as the 71 but on the top end much faster and more stable, comfort well lets just say you feel everything on the road even shadows,handles like a dream, good fuel economy for what it is set the cruise at 70 and you'll be surprised. Not bad for long road trips you just have to keep in mind your in a sports car. Value still a cheap car to buy used hopefully someday it will appriciate as did the LS6 car. Doesn't turn many head only the few people that know what there looking at.

93 the only new car I've ever purchased pretty much th same as the ZR1 with alot less get up and go, my middle son has one he put paxton blower on but still not as fast as my ZR1. His was super cheap very very afordable

03 I just got it! this car is what I call soft, lots more room inside not as fast/quick as either the LS6 or Zr1. It rides really great, handles like no other, awesome all around car my oldest Son has a 03 also and loves it, he drives the **** out of it.Value really affordable and will continue to be for a few years to come.

My next Vette hopefully if business goes good this year will be the ultimate 09 ZR1

Old 04-09-2008, 11:32 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,258,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRUA View Post
I don't own one but my best friend owns a 1971 vette with a 350 ci LT-1 engine and hurst shifter ....it's in good shape but it's bit of a frankenstein ...it has centerline rims ....the seats are from a '76 ...and the side mirrors are from a '73 ....the engine has been modified too ...4 barrel holley ....and exhaust system too ...aftermarket headers ...he says the big blocks are the ones to buy ...454 L-6 ....I really like those 1967 427 L-88's ...1968-72 are the best ...in 1973 the front was change from chrome to plastic ...still good but from 1974 on...not so good ....power way down too

Big dollar cars that you mentioned here. LS-6 454. LT-1 was great engine 330 HP. I had a 370 hp version.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:13 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
My sister in-law has a 69 with a 454 and 4 speed, it's fast and real pretty but has no power steering, brakes or air, does it devalue the car to add these items? I rode in it for 2.5 hours in the heat of the day and thought I was going to die

Old 04-09-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
I have a '67 Coupe, 427/435 TriPower, 4 sp, factory air and sidepipes. It's all original....I bought it in '70 garage kept ever since.

Also have '63 Split Window Coupe, 4 sd, 327/300....currently restoring it.
REPLY: Ummm , i probably dont need to tell you this, but, that '67 is a highly desired Corvette with that motor in it. How many miles are on it, what condition, have you ever had it appraised ?

Old 04-09-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzinger View Post
Corvettes everyone should own at least once in there life time. I got hooked when I was about 5, my best friends dad had an original 1971 LS6 car. We were on our way to Santa Cruz going over hwy 17. Mr. H told us to look at the line on the road behind us (yes two of us were in the passenger seat) as we turned to look, he side stept it and blackend out the line on the road also engulfing four lanes of traffic in tire smoke. That was a defineing moment in my life way back in 1974!!! Since then I have had 13 or 14 Vettes My pride and joy however is the one I purchased from Mr.H I have three now, all of my kids have vettes

Quick comparision
My 71 is blistering fast, handles so-so, turns every head on the street, kinda comfortable, not good for long road trips, hard to find gas that will run in it.Value through the roof big bucks

92 Zr-1 does not seem as quick as the 71 but on the top end much faster and more stable, comfort well lets just say you feel everything on the road even shadows,handles like a dream, good fuel economy for what it is set the cruise at 70 and you'll be surprised. Not bad for long road trips you just have to keep in mind your in a sports car. Value still a cheap car to buy used hopefully someday it will appriciate as did the LS6 car. Doesn't turn many head only the few people that know what there looking at.

93 the only new car I've ever purchased pretty much th same as the ZR1 with alot less get up and go, my middle son has one he put paxton blower on but still not as fast as my ZR1. His was super cheap very very afordable

03 I just got it! this car is what I call soft, lots more room inside not as fast/quick as either the LS6 or Zr1. It rides really great, handles like no other, awesome all around car my oldest Son has a 03 also and loves it, he drives the **** out of it.Value really affordable and will continue to be for a few years to come.

My next Vette hopefully if business goes good this year will be the ultimate 09 ZR1
REPLY: Nice collection you have there. I also have a C-6...a 2006 . Love the technology of the new ones , but, theres nothing like the rumpity-rump of the old C3 big blocks. The '09 ZR1 is worth dying for !

Old 04-09-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
My sister in-law has a 69 with a 454 and 4 speed, it's fast and real pretty but has no power steering, brakes or air, does it devalue the car to add these items? I rode in it for 2.5 hours in the heat of the day and thought I was going to die
REPLY: If her car wasnt kept all original, then it isnt going to matter if ps, pb, and a/c were added so long as its done right and looks professional. If it has been kept all original, then I personally wouldnt add them. She must have strong arms to turn the steering wheel with no power steering !

Old 04-09-2008, 08:59 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,771,717 times
What do you think of the 1977-1982 Corvettes? Seems they are the cheapest priced, probably due to the smog area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC