Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 02:57 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,395,429 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the help and now I will get a much better car like a Honda or Toyota or even a Nissan. Someone was telling me I should by a Subaru vehicle which he said is the best?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 08:21 PM

18,929 posts, read 43,234,041 times
Isn’t the Spark a rebadged Daewoo?

Old 12-09-2021, 07:07 AM

7,187 posts, read 3,389,668 times
I recently picked up a rental Chevy Spark and I have driven the Honda Fit and I must say the Spark drives better than the Fit. It handles tighter in my opinion and seems more responsive with acceleration. Sure, the Fit is easier on the eyes but I was surprised that GM finally has their act together making car that have a quality feel to them. Granted, the last GM product I ever driven was a rental Buick Regal in the early 2000's.

Old 12-09-2021, 07:28 AM

3,317 posts, read 2,299,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD59 View Post
Thank you for the help and now I will get a much better car like a Honda or Toyota or even a Nissan. Someone was telling me I should by a Subaru vehicle which he said is the best?
Skip on the Nissan. That would be worse than the Spark. If you want reliability, Toyota is tops. Honda is a close second.

Old 12-10-2021, 11:54 AM

14,613 posts, read 17,293,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD59 View Post
The Subaru Impreza will cost slightly more than front wheel drive Honda or Toyota or Nissan, but the all wheel drive can be worth it in snowstorms.
You will probably have to wait a while for a new one. Production issues have created a huge backlog.

If you look at used; the 5th generation Impreza has been offered since Model Year 2017 through Model Year 2022 (152 hp), the 4th generation Impreza has been offered Model Year 2012-2016 (148 hp).
The 2nd and 3rd generation Imprezas (MY 2002-2011) have serious problems with head gaskets which can be extremely costly. I wouldn't even consider them. If you are not sure if dealer is telling you correct model year then look under the hood for a tin plaque that says engine model FA20F . If it say engine model EJ25 then don't purchase the vehicle.

Dealer near me selling $10,605 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 108,735 miles
Camellia Red Pearl Exterior | Black Interior | 2.0L 4-Cylinder Gas Engine | 5-Speed Manual Transmission

Used car prices are extremely high but it could easily take 6-12 months for prices to come down. I'm not sure of your age, but a 43 mph Wiz Electric Scooter $2,495 might be the way to go for a year to provide basic mobility. We have a 2nd generation 2007 Subaru Impreza with 62,500 miles on it, and it $17,300 brand new with 12 miles. I am shocked at the prices of used cars.

Quote:
Consumer Reports Says Avoid The Toyota Corolla Buy The Subaru Impreza Instead
Is the 2022 Subaru Impreza the best compact car you can buy? See why Consumer Reports says it’s the best of twelve compact vehicles and why you should avoid the Toyota Corolla.
https://www.torquenews.com/1084/cons...mpreza-instead
The 5-door Subaru Impreza is much more practical than the sedan.
The Impreza sedan has a small trunk for the compact car class, measuring just 12.3 cubic feet. The Impreza 5-door has 20.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row, and the back seats fold down for a maximum of 55.3 cubic feet of space. This cargo space is one of the biggest for hatchbacks with the exception of the Kia Soul which has 62.1 cubic feet of space. To get more you simply have to upgrade to an SUV, as the Subaru Forester has 74.2 cubic feet of space. The Subaru Crosstrek has the same cargo space as the Impreza. A base and a premium Crosstrek is basically a 5-door Impreza with increased ground clearance and some extra features like fog lights, larger tires, and extra cladding.

The prices below for base trims are for manual transmission, so you must add $1300 for CVT transmission. Although the Premium trim is $3400 additional, it includes CVT transmission as standard (so in a sense it is only $2100 more).

You may wonder why the SPORT trim is only $300 more than the Premium trim. It is because the Sport starts with manual transmission.

There is a high probability that Subaru will cease selling the manual transmission for Imprezas in model year 2023. The car is also likely to get a smaller turbo charged engine to get better fuel economy.

2022 Impreza Models
Impreza 5-door Starting at $19,295* MPG 36/28**
Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
SUBARU STARLINK® Multimedia with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Integration
Standard EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology (not available for manual transmission)
Rear-Vision Camera
Vehicle Dynamics Control

Impreza Premium 5-door Starting at $22,695* MPG 36/28**
Includes Impreza 5-door key features and adds:
SUBARU STARLINK® Safety and Security
4G LTE Wi-Fi capability
All-Weather Package with heated front seats
Available power moonroof
SUBARU STARLINK® 6.5-inch Multimedia Plus

Impreza Sport 5-door Starting at $22,995* MPG 35/27**
Includes Premium 5-door key features and adds:
18-inch alloy wheels
Keyless Access with Push-Button Start
Sport Cloth upholstery with red stitching
SUBARU STARLINK® 8.0-inch Multimedia Plus
Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter handle
Body-color rocker spoilers

Impreza Limited 5-door Starting at $26,395* MPG 36/28**
Includes Premium 5-door key features and adds:
Leather-trimmed upholstery
LED Steering Responsive Headlights
Available STARLINK® 8.0-inch Multimedia Navigation
Automatic climate control system
17-inch alloy wheels
6-way power driver's seat

-----------------
Impreza Sedan Starting at $18,795* MPG 36/28**
Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
SUBARU STARLINK® Multimedia with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Integration
Standard EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology[1]
Rear-Vision Camera
Vehicle Dynamics Control

Impreza Premium Sedan Starting at $22,195* MPG 36/28**
Includes Impreza Sedan key features and adds:
SUBARU STARLINK® Safety and Security
4G LTE Wi-Fi capability
All-Weather Package with heated front seats
Available power moonroof
SUBARU STARLINK® 6.5-inch Multimedia Plus

Impreza Sport Sedan Starting at $23,595* MPG 36/27**
Includes Premium Sedan key features and adds:
18-inch alloy wheels
Keyless Access with Push-Button Start
Sport Cloth upholstery with red stitching
SUBARU STARLINK® 8.0-inch Multimedia Plus
Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter handle
Body-color rocker spoilers and trunk spoiler

Impreza Limited sedan discontinued

Last edited by PacoMartin; 12-10-2021 at 01:19 PM..

Old 12-10-2021, 04:48 PM

9,880 posts, read 987,251 times
It's the cheapest car Chevy imports (comes from Korea) and it shows.

Old 12-12-2021, 04:06 PM

30,150 posts, read 20,868,388 times
My 2020 Spark was fine the 6 weeks i had it after i had to lemon law a new 2019 C7 Vette. But it sure needed another 100hp.

Old 12-12-2021, 04:13 PM

2,476 posts, read 1,078,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Skip on the Nissan. That would be worse than the Spark. If you want reliability, Toyota is tops. Honda is a close second.
Yes but Toyota has a lot of problems too and no auto lumbar control. Every Toyota I owned had problems, all engine problems except one. The Toyota Camry back in the early 90's it didn't have any power anything but it was a nice semi little car.

Last edited by staystill; 12-12-2021 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: and yes Honda is a close second. My Brothers Honda had metal casement around the gas tank that stopped it from blowing up.

Old 12-12-2021, 04:21 PM

8,333 posts, read 4,576,734 times
I’d give it a provisional yes.

We have a few company cars, and the Spark impressed me. Easily my fave in the fleet, which includes a pair of the similar but larger Sonic, some Chevy Colorados, a Versa Note, and a Nissan Frontier. It was never on my radar, but it’s fairly quiet and solid, doesn’t wander or get pushed around by wind at highway speeds, and is adequately powered. Reasonably roomy, and the CVT doesn’t act like a CVT. Fuel economy is, of course, stellar, even some of my bonehead co-workers can’t push it under 34mpg around town. It’s a competent and refined piece of engineering which I just flat out didn’t expect. The provisional part comes from the fact that I do t know what its reliability is like (if the Colorado is any indication, it’s not good, but the Sonics have been fine).

Last edited by jcp123; 12-12-2021 at 04:31 PM..

Old 12-12-2021, 04:48 PM

2,476 posts, read 1,078,713 times
what about a Nissan Versa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC