Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 07:02 PM

21,835 posts, read 25,102,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I have no crystal ball, but I think it's likely we'll see a sub-compact Ultium EV coming from GM or maybe one co-developed with Honda, since I think 4 Honda Ultium models were announced?
If they could scale it down and stick the RWD/AWD Blazer RS motors on it that'd be pretty cool. When GM bothers to make a good car they're shockingly good at doing so (ATS-V, CTS-V now replaced with Blackwings, Camaro 1LE, pretty much every Corvette since the C5). Mostly they make rental car FWD Impalas but when they actually set out to make something fun it's usually pretty good. The HHR SS was a fun little car. Interior was a freak show of horror but it looked cool, 'course I also liked the PT Cruiser at least in the looks department, drove pretty well. I needed a replacement on pretty short notice though and no manuals. The 4-speed slush box was lousy. Mazda3 it was. Now, the regular HHR that was horrible. They had one of those with a manual and, well, GM when it wants to can do wonders turning whatever that pile was into something good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2022, 10:46 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,317,520 times
Picked up my new Bolt EUV yesterday. Nice having something I ordered specifically. 2023 Premier Redline edition, with all options other than SuperCruise (which I don't want, wouldn't use and didn't want to pay a $25/mo subscription to after 3 years).

Best part is that due to this being a Collateral exchange/MSRP swap due to them not knowing when the 2020s will have their batteries replaced under recall, they actually paid ME $4k to take the car AND the payoff is identical ($20k), which means that I have an instant $15k equity in the car AND $4k in my pocket.

The old blue Bolt was named Harry (after the fact that Harry Potter had a Bolt on his forehead. My wife's a big Harry Potter fan), so I jokingly called this one Harry II, Electric Boogaloo. And she liked it, so it stuck. lol!

As soon as the weather clears up I'll get better pics (it's nasty and rainy today).
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV have a massive price cut-harryii_01.jpg   Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV have a massive price cut-harryii_02.jpg   Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV have a massive price cut-harryii_03.jpg  

Old 11-11-2022, 11:45 AM

37,128 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
Picked up my new Bolt EUV yesterday. Nice having something I ordered specifically. 2023 Premier Redline edition, with all options other than SuperCruise (which I don't want, wouldn't use and didn't want to pay a $25/mo subscription to after 3 years).

Best part is that due to this being a Collateral exchange/MSRP swap due to them not knowing when the 2020s will have their batteries replaced under recall, they actually paid ME $4k to take the car AND the payoff is identical ($20k), which means that I have an instant $15k equity in the car AND $4k in my pocket.

The old blue Bolt was named Harry (after the fact that Harry Potter had a Bolt on his forehead. My wife's a big Harry Potter fan), so I jokingly called this one Harry II, Electric Boogaloo. And she liked it, so it stuck. lol!

As soon as the weather clears up I'll get better pics (it's nasty and rainy today).

It looks great! How are you liking it compared to your previous Bolt? Also, why the change from the EV to the EUV?

Old 11-12-2022, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
It looks great! How are you liking it compared to your previous Bolt? Also, why the change from the EV to the EUV?

Love it. It's got better seats than the previous Bolt. A tiny bit less range, but more space inside. The EUV looks better to me AND it's available with the pano sunroof and Redline edition with the black/red stitching leather interior. Basically the EUV comes with stuff the regular Bolt does not, and looks a bit more normal while doing so. And with the longer wheelbase (6") the ride is even smoother.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV have a massive price cut-harryii_05.jpg   Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV have a massive price cut-harryii_06.jpg   Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV have a massive price cut-harryii_07.jpg   Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV have a massive price cut-harryii_08.jpg   Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV have a massive price cut-harryii_09.jpg  

Old 11-12-2022, 11:17 AM

12,368 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
Love it. It's got better seats than the previous Bolt. A tiny bit less range, but more space inside. The EUV looks better to me AND it's available with the pano sunroof and Redline edition with the black/red stitching leather interior. Basically the EUV comes with stuff the regular Bolt does not, and looks a bit more normal while doing so. And with the longer wheelbase (6") the ride is even smoother.
Congratulations - hope you enjoy many miles together :-).

Old 11-12-2022, 11:25 AM

2,026 posts, read 1,650,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post

EUV, does that mean you can get it in AWD/4WD?

Old 11-12-2022, 11:58 AM

846 posts, read 680,865 times
This is huge. Bolt is already good looking, practical and has a nice display. Getting into that $25k price point, as an EV, will definitely distinguish it from the competition.

Because right now many people, from a pure cost standpoint, are better off buying a $20-25k car than to buy to $30k that saves money on gas.

Old 11-12-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
EUV, does that mean you can get it in AWD/4WD?

Unfortunately no. That would add cost and complexity and reduce range. Have to wait for the new Equinox EV to get that.

Old 11-12-2022, 12:39 PM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times
Beautiful.... Love it!

If it came in AWD I'd be taking a serious look at it.

Old 11-12-2022, 01:01 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
I like Harry 2....looks cool to me.

So, if I didnt have a trade in, how much would that car cost?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC