Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 10:25 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times

Advertisements

https://electrek.co/2023/07/31/2024-...nts=1#comments

Prices for the 2024 model has been announced which does not include the projected lowest trim (1LT) for release this year.

The lowest trim for MY2024 is going to be an AWD 2LT at $56,715 with an EPA estimated range of 279 miles. Mid-trim for MY2024 is the RS AWD at $60,215 also with 279 miles and the highest trim is a RS RWD at $61,790 with an estimated 320 miles of range. No updates on charging times. Even if these range estimate aren't inflated in real world driving and therefore comparable to competitors, the price isn't too competitive though it will likely qualify for the full federal tax credit. It's still a pretty steep price, but I guess we should wait a bit for hands-on reviews to see if there's something the official stats aren't showing.

This is an especially hard sell given what Model Y sells for these days which is also eligible for the federal tax credit. Yes, Tesla does a 5-cycle test for its EPA range, so it's possible the overall range is about the same, but the AWD Model Y Long Range is about $6K cheaper at $50,490 and has access to Tesla's charging network *today* without an adapter. It's also good news for VW's iD.4 since it remains the best budget option (aside from the soon to be discontinued Bolt EUV) for crossovers as it's priced substantially lower and the lower made-in-America trims are also eligible for the federal tax credit. It also means if Hyundai Kia's triplets built off the e-GMP platform can move manufacturing to the US by 2025 when their plants supposedly open, then the Blazer EV is going to have an even tougher time. I don't see this being a volume seller at these prices, and it's pretty hard to imagine that Chevy can really release a 1LT RWD lower trim that's a good $10K cheaper than the 2LT AWD.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 07-31-2023 at 10:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2023, 01:53 PM

12,387 posts, read 9,493,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
https://electrek.co/2023/07/31/2024-...nts=1#comments

Prices for the 2024 model has been announced which does not include the projected lowest trim (1LT) for release this year.

The lowest trim for MY2024 is going to be an AWD 2LT at $56,715 with an EPA estimated range of 279 miles. Mid-trim for MY2024 is the RS AWD at $60,215 also with 279 miles and the highest trim is a RS RWD at $61,790 with an estimated 320 miles of range. No updates on charging times. Even if these range estimate aren't inflated in real world driving and therefore comparable to competitors, the price isn't too competitive though it will likely qualify for the full federal tax credit. It's still a pretty steep price, but I guess we should wait a bit for hands-on reviews to see if there's something the official stats aren't showing.

This is an especially hard sell given what Model Y sells for these days which is also eligible for the federal tax credit. Yes, Tesla does a 5-cycle test for its EPA range, so it's possible the overall range is about the same, but the AWD Model Y Long Range is about $6K cheaper at $50,490 and has access to Tesla's charging network *today* without an adapter. It's also good news for VW's iD.4 since it remains the best budget option (aside from the soon to be discontinued Bolt EUV) for crossovers as it's priced substantially lower and the lower made-in-America trims are also eligible for the federal tax credit. It also means if Hyundai Kia's triplets built off the e-GMP platform can move manufacturing to the US by 2025 when their plants supposedly open, then the Blazer EV is going to have an even tougher time. I don't see this being a volume seller at these prices, and it's pretty hard to imagine that Chevy can really release a 1LT RWD lower trim that's a good $10K cheaper than the 2LT AWD.
The recent price cuts from Tesla really make it tough on other automakers. I am not saying the Blazer won't have some advantages, but if you can make an argument for the Model Y having both better tech and a lower price, then that's going to cut into the appeal of competitors.

Old 07-31-2023, 04:32 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
The interior of the Blazer certainly looks better than anything from Tesla as far as I'm concerned. GM has done a good job integrating the screens into the dash design so that they don't look like an afterthought. I hate Tesla interiors. Mach-e dash is ugly too with that huge rectangular tablet.

The price is too high though. I don't see this stealing sales from the ICE Blazer.

Old 08-01-2023, 09:53 AM

21,830 posts, read 25,114,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
EV pricing is don't count your chickens anyway...

Personally, I'd expect it to start more around 55k. The v6 FWD blazer starts around 40k, add the customary 15k EV tax and 55k. Since GM has confirmed it uses fake estimated pricing for hype purposes, it's really just wait until it's available for purchase. Good news is that the days where lots of buyers want to pay over MSRP are over and most EVs are seeing some discounts.
And what do you know, starts at 56k. It's pretty cool how we have years and years of EVs are just around the corner from price parity of gas cars, prices are dropping and the previously anticipated 45k Blazer is suddenly 56k. Bit of a trend we're seeing with the Lightning, the Silverado, the Blazer. Doesn't really bode well for the "30K" Equinox. Supposedly the cheaper FWD (probably around 53k) is coming for MY2025. The gas Blazer was already generally regarded as a poor value in segment. It puts the pricing right up there in line with my Polestar 2 (or the Volvo XC40 EV) which I've likewise previously said I don't know why anyone would buy them new since they're very poor value.

Old 08-01-2023, 05:40 PM

30,416 posts, read 21,228,470 times
Too big for my taste.

Old 08-01-2023, 05:55 PM

6,791 posts, read 9,340,858 times
Wow! I remember when the Blazer was an SUV. Now it’s a little car?!
To each their own, I guess!

Old 03-08-2024, 01:42 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
After a long production pause as they fixed some software issues, the Blazer EV is back: https://electrek.co/2024/03/08/chevy...-lower-prices/

This time though it's at much lower prices probably in a bid to keep up with price cuts and/or spec improvements that other automakers have done with their EV crossovers have done since the initial production pause. It's also now eligible for the full $7,500 federal tax credit. These new prices make a lot more sense because they were previously in Cadillac Lyriq territory which was odd since the Cadillac Lyriq is in a similar size class and based on the same platform.

Old 03-08-2024, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
After a long production pause as they fixed some software issues, the Blazer EV is back: https://electrek.co/2024/03/08/chevy...-lower-prices/

This time though it's at much lower prices probably in a bid to keep up with price cuts and/or spec improvements that other automakers have done with their EV crossovers have done since the initial production pause. It's also now eligible for the full $7,500 federal tax credit. These new prices make a lot more sense because they were previously in Cadillac Lyriq territory which was odd since the Cadillac Lyriq is in a similar size class and based on the same platform.
Yes, hopefully Chevy has truly banished the gremlins, they have a lot riding on this product rollout for the Blazer and Equinox EVs. Cutting the price was smart - they have to do that to remain competitive with Tesla, Hyundai and VW. Of course the revenue per unit is cut, but at this point, I think it's more important for Chevy to *get* the sales, than to make incrementally more money per car. They have to establish themselves as a player in the EV space - with customers and investors.

Old 03-17-2024, 03:02 PM

"How GM Got The Chevy Blazer EV Back On The Road After 16,000 Miles Of Daily Testing...A longtime veteran of the tech space with tours at Apple, Microsoft, Amazon and cryptocurrency brokerage firm FalconX, Cetinok is one of several high-profile outside tech-savvy hires GM has brought on in recent months to help reverse its challenges in the battery and software world. (According to InsideEVs' own accounting of GM's woes with the electric Ultium platform, the automaker has been historically resistant to importing outside expertise, favoring in-house solutions instead; that now seems to be changing." I get shot at by brand loyalists when I say it, but I've been saying that I don't think the traditional automakers have the right people on staff to handle complex tech challenges like major software development - if GM is coming to understand that and actually doing something about it, that bodes well. Mind you, big changes to an existing code base can't be implemented overnight, but hopefully they are now on the right path.
https://insideevs.com/news/711768/gm...ftware-update/

"General Motors has released a new software update for the 2024 Chevy Blazer EV that will reprogram multiple vehicle modules with intention of improving the overall customer experience. The update is also designed to optimize future over-the-air updates. What’s more, certain units of the Chevy Blazer EV affected by a recent stop-sale order will be released from the order following the implementation of this latest software update."
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2024/03...evy-blazer-ev/

Old 03-19-2024, 05:47 AM

369 posts, read 105,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Too big for my taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Wow! I remember when the Blazer was an SUV. Now it’s a little car?!
To each their own, I guess!
Same vehicle, polar opposite remarks.

BTW, the Blazer has been a smaller SUV since the S-10 version in the '80s. So cowboyxjon you must have been living under a rock if you think that it's just now not a full size vehicle. And it's really not a little car. It's actually larger than the old S-10 Blazer. It's Chevy's mid size offering. The Equinox EV is slightly smaller and the Trax, smaller yet. Above the Blazer is the Traverse, Tahoe, and Suburban.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC