Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-05-2023, 11:39 PM
 
Location: Newburyport, MA
12,361 posts, read 9,462,379 times
Reputation: 15827

Advertisements

Jason Fenkse walks through some of the finer points of the Z06 engineering, especially the engine - really impressive, just on an entirely different level than the last generation.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOqYJNX4KL0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-06-2023, 06:46 AM
 
Location: MN
6,535 posts, read 7,115,401 times
Reputation: 5816
This is a $200k plus car now. Yes, I do realize someone who’s already bought 20 cars from one dealership will get it for $150k msrp. My local Porsche dealer has a guy who just bought his 40th new Porsche from them, he’ll get allocations at msrp from them…he already got a 991.2 GT2RS a few years ago.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&numRecords=25
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2023, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Free State of Florida
25,683 posts, read 12,765,268 times
Reputation: 19249
There's a new 2023 Z07 near me for $160k....I'm going over to look at it.

I dont care for the seats with the little air holes in it...they show wear really fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2023, 01:31 PM
 
30,392 posts, read 21,210,559 times
Reputation: 11954
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
There's a new 2023 Z07 near me for $160k....I'm going over to look at it.

I dont care for the seats with the little air holes in it...they show wear really fast.
My C7 seats still look like new and it is a 2015 with 60k miles. I can't have a C8 since it is my only car and no way i can go fishing offshore and carry all my stuff like i can in a C6 or 7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2023, 02:01 PM
 
2,382 posts, read 3,498,002 times
Reputation: 4915
I personally know two people who bought the Z06, and in a few months they both took it back. Both said it just didn't perform as advertised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2023, 05:30 PM
 
4,158 posts, read 4,871,146 times
Reputation: 3894
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
I personally know two people who bought the Z06, and in a few months they both took it back. Both said it just didn't perform as advertised.

My coworker has one that he had on order for almost two years before it was built and delivered. He likes it as a novelty toy, but he's not the speed racer type. It's a nice car to look at but not my cup of tea to own one not to mention what it costs to buy one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2023, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Free State of Florida
25,683 posts, read 12,765,268 times
Reputation: 19249
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
There's a new 2023 Z07 near me for $160k....I'm going over to look at it.

I dont care for the seats with the little air holes in it...they show wear really fast.
I was wrong, the sticker was $160k, they already turned down offers of $200k+...hard pass for me, especially for a 2023 when the 24's are already out.

I did drive a used 2020 C-8 w/ X51 performance package on it (Red), which very low miles, but they wanted more than I thought it was worth...not far below what it cost new.

I found a White 2021 C8 also very low miles, but no X51 pkg...pass.

My C8 flame is going out...all of this dealer mark-up stuff is a huge turn off.

I'll wait for the demand to drop more, before I look again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2023, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Free State of Florida
25,683 posts, read 12,765,268 times
Reputation: 19249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
My coworker has one that he had on order for almost two years before it was built and delivered. He likes it as a novelty toy, but he's not the speed racer type. It's a nice car to look at but not my cup of tea to own one not to mention what it costs to buy one.
Visibility is terrible compared to the 911 I sold last year. Even the front windshield view is bad...the rear view is nearly zero.

Inside, I don't like the huge hump between the driver and passenger either.

Thhe Z06 is very low to the ground, so I worry about scraping it on speed bumps. It only lifts up 3"..not enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2023, 05:46 PM
 
30,392 posts, read 21,210,559 times
Reputation: 11954
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I was wrong, the sticker was $160k, they already turned down offers of $200k+...hard pass for me, especially for a 2023 when the 24's are already out.

I did drive a used 2020 C-8 w/ X51 performance package on it (Red), which very low miles, but they wanted more than I thought it was worth...not far below what it cost new.

I found a White 2021 C8 also very low miles, but no X51 pkg...pass.

My C8 flame is going out...all of this dealer mark-up stuff is a huge turn off.

I'll wait for the demand to drop more, before I look again.
It's Z51 not X,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2023, 06:21 PM
 
4,158 posts, read 4,871,146 times
Reputation: 3894
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Visibility is terrible compared to the 911 I sold last year. Even the front windshield view is bad...the rear view is nearly zero.

Inside, I don't like the huge hump between the driver and passenger either.

Thhe Z06 is very low to the ground, so I worry about scraping it on speed bumps. It only lifts up 3"..not enough.

I've heard that they're getting rid of the hump on future models, but the question is where to put all the buttons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:08 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top