Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2010, 10:13 AM

4 posts, read 15,411 times

Advertisements

Right now, I'm working on a temp job in Aurora. Provided I do a good job, I'm going to be working full time. Right now, I'm 24, and planning to move to the Aurora/Naperville/Plainfield area. Where is a good spot to living if I want to spend around 800? Naperville seems a bit out of my price range. Aurora has a high crime rate. Any good apartment companies that you know or what would be a good area to live near. I don't want to continue to commute from the NW burbs in December like I'm doing now. Any sugguestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 11:02 AM

28,455 posts, read 84,921,999 times
I think there are lots of options in that area.
Firstly it is not true that Aurora is over run with crime, even the worst parts are very quiet compared to other cities. If you focus on the more family oriented rentals on the extreme east edge or those in North Aurora or Batavia or the west side you have niching to worry about.
Secondly the huge property mgmt firms in Naperville tend to be over priced, if you wnt a good deal in Naperville look toward the smaller places...
Thirdly you mention Plaiqnfield and if you are drawing a circle that big then you might as well look in Warremville or Lisle or Darien or Locokport.
Lotsmof places prefer to be low key in advertising and stick to the local papers.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:51 AM

720 posts, read 2,996,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler369 View Post
Right now, I'm working on a temp job in Aurora. Provided I do a good job, I'm going to be working full time. Right now, I'm 24, and planning to move to the Aurora/Naperville/Plainfield area. Where is a good spot to living if I want to spend around 800? Naperville seems a bit out of my price range. Aurora has a high crime rate. Any good apartment companies that you know or what would be a good area to live near. I don't want to continue to commute from the NW burbs in December like I'm doing now. Any sugguestions?
What part of Aurora are you working in? I'm imagining near the outlet mall by Farnsworth.

Anyhow, Naperville is not necessarily out of your price range. There's some apartments behind the Range Rover and BMW dealership in Naperville that are like $750 for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom. They are nothing special, kind of outdated but clean and safe. I think some have recently been turned into condos.

I know a few years back I found a house that had been split into two, basically made into a duplex near north central college downtown naperville and they only wanted 800. It was a 2 bed 2 bath.

Very untrue that AUrora is totally overrun with crime. There's a couple areas that are very clearly not a place you want to lvie. If you stay on the Rt 59 side of Eola your pretty good, cant really tell where naperville ends and aurora begins. There's alot of condos for rent behind the foundry by fox valley mall. There's also quite a few affordable apartments over by Waubonsie high school, ogden and eola area. there's also some relatively cheap apartments right next to the baby slaughter house on New York and Eola.

If your further into Aurroa stay on the west side near Orchard and Galena. Theres some sketchy areas but for the most part this area is pretty nice.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:34 PM

342 posts, read 1,227,218 times
aurora doesnt have a high crime rate at all. there are a lot of decent apartment buildings by the rt. 59 station in naperville.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:24 PM

720 posts, read 2,996,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldawg1594 View Post
aurora doesnt have a high crime rate at all. there are a lot of decent apartment buildings by the rt. 59 station in naperville.
I would stay away from right near the Rt 59 train station if your not working in the city where you'd be able to take advantage of being so close to the train. The railway apartments are pretty nice but expensive, your paying an extra couple hundred bucks for the convenience of living 100 yards from the train. I have a buddy who lives there and I think he pays 1200 or 1300 for a one bedroom. If you live work right downtown its worth the money, otherwise your paying for a convenience taht doesn't benefit you.

There are some cheaper apartments across the street, I think brown and white buildings. Those are pretty ghetto, lots of the crime blotter stuff in the paper is in that area, if your over there late at night there's a lot of noise, partying, etc going on late, not the best place to live. There is another newer complex across the street from railway too but I think thats also a bit overpriced b/c of the location.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:56 PM

4 posts, read 15,411 times
[quote=jamaicabound60565;14585464]What part of Aurora are you working in? I'm imagining near the outlet mall by Farnsworth.

Anyhow, Naperville is not necessarily out of your price range. There's some apartments behind the Range Rover and BMW dealership in Naperville that are like $750 for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom. They are nothing special, kind of outdated but clean and safe. I think some have recently been turned into condos.

[quote]

I work a few miles off 59. It's on Frontenanc Rd. Near the Naperville border. What's the name of the apartment complex by the way (with 750 for two rooms)

Old 06-12-2010, 11:01 PM

342 posts, read 1,227,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicabound60565 View Post
I would stay away from right near the Rt 59 train station if your not working in the city where you'd be able to take advantage of being so close to the train. The railway apartments are pretty nice but expensive, your paying an extra couple hundred bucks for the convenience of living 100 yards from the train. I have a buddy who lives there and I think he pays 1200 or 1300 for a one bedroom. If you live work right downtown its worth the money, otherwise your paying for a convenience taht doesn't benefit you.

There are some cheaper apartments across the street, I think brown and white buildings. Those are pretty ghetto, lots of the crime blotter stuff in the paper is in that area, if your over there late at night there's a lot of noise, partying, etc going on late, not the best place to live. There is another newer complex across the street from railway too but I think thats also a bit overpriced b/c of the location.
yeah i was talking about all those apartment complexes. i used to live in that neighborhood. there are apartments farther back like country lakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs