Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:47 PM

94 posts, read 466,769 times

Advertisements

if you think chicago winters are bad i suggest spending a winter in st paul minn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 12:54 AM

1,903 posts, read 7,898,423 times
To the OP: the answer is no. I died in the February blizzard and am warning you FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!!!!

Old 07-04-2007, 04:34 AM

335 posts, read 1,435,622 times
if you think st paul minn winters are bad i suggest spending a winter in anchorage ak.

in other words, and once again, just because there are clearly worse winters elsewhere doesn't mean that chicago winters aren't themselves "bad."

Old 07-04-2007, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi2NYC? View Post
if you think st paul minn winters are bad i suggest spending a winter in anchorage ak.

in other words, and once again, just because there are clearly worse winters elsewhere doesn't mean that chicago winters aren't themselves "bad."
after spending a winter in st paul, i have my jogging shorts at the ready in the winter for anyday the temperature goes about 35 degrees.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:12 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,508,487 times
Default Not too awful

Our winters aren't great but aren't terrible where you will freak out either. Expect some days below 0 and some above 60. It's a mixed bag of everything with Jan and Feb being the coldest and usually snow shoveling season starting around Christmas and ending about mid March. Also expect tons of cloudy weather.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:35 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
Our winters aren't great but aren't terrible where you will freak out either. Expect some days below 0 and some above 60. It's a mixed bag of everything with Jan and Feb being the coldest and usually snow shoveling season starting around Christmas and ending about mid March. Also expect tons of cloudy weather.
Its 50% chance of sunshine in winter. 1 out of 2 days isnt horrible. Its not the greatest either, but I get sick of folks saying that its "cloudy for months on end". Sad thing is, people actually believe we dont see the sun from November until March.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Its 50% chance of sunshine in winter. 1 out of 2 days isnt horrible. Its not the greatest either, but I get sick of folks saying that its "cloudy for months on end". Sad thing is, people actually believe we dont see the sun from November until March.
thats because when we go to places like california and florida for vacation we look like we have been bar-tending for the winter

Old 07-06-2007, 09:46 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
thats because when we go to places like california and florida for vacation we look like we have been bar-tending for the winter
Thats fine. We get tan in the summer, while they hide from the heat. Seasons are simply reversed.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:56 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,562,340 times
I'm a Chicago native who currently lives 7 miles north of Mexico and is about to move to Houston. Can you figure out what I think of Chicago winters? Bleh!

Old 07-06-2007, 08:24 PM

76 posts, read 476,049 times
I have lived in the Chicago area for may years, and it does get cold. I've never been to Maryland (well except for a stop during a flight from Hartford to Chicago in 2005) but I was on the plane so I didn't know the temp. I would assume that the weather is similar in both places. The summer and spring are great though. Anyway, I know O'hare is VERY BUISY so I would try Midway, it was renevated about 6 years ago and is not as buisy as O'hare. Flying into Midway will make any trip smoother. I have some cousins in Downers grove, maybe you will bump into them near your school!
Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs