Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 10:05 AM

720 posts, read 3,007,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_78 View Post
Looking to rent a condo on 218 East Bailey Road (Unit C) within the next week. Rent seems to be very cheap (includes utilities as well). But is it a good community/neighborhood? Appreciate any updates/reviews on olive tree condos.

Please help!
im not over in that area as much as i used to be but i do see those condos selling for dirt cheap and also short sales and stuff. this is jut an assumption but im assuming lots of investors are buying them and rentin gthem section 8, it woudn't surprise me if its gone downhill same thing happenned in my neighborhood. what prices are you looking at? i imagine you could be in a much nicer area for the same price. i dont know ur budget but one area that comes to mind would be by river road and ogden. nothing super fancy but nicer. another place that comes to mind would be aurora ave and ogden behind land rover although that area has its problems as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,903 times
I lived in Olive Trees for about 5 years and I currently am renting out the property now. I never had problems when I lived there. Only reason we moved was because our family was getting bigger. Neighbors were quiet, which was nice. People that lived in my building were friendly. Those that have dogs get to know each other quite well, no matter what building they are in, because they always walk their dogs together. Everyone I have met walking my dog was very nice as well. We loved our condo there and were very happy. It was also nice living across the street from Little Italian Pizza. They have the best pizza in town. Overall it was a nice place to live and my husband and I were happy with our decision in buying there.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:46 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,100,078 times
I think Olive Trees Condos are probably a little bit nicer than those other condos closer to Naper Blvd and Washington. Though probably completely safe, I think you could find better places to live for the same amount of money.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,833 times
I am currently living in the Olive Tree Condominiums and have been for a year. So far, everything has been fine with the exception of kids putting mud in the communal washing machines. If you have kids, I would look elsewhere because there's not really much from them to do. The "playground" consists of an old faded slide and four swings. There is a pool which is nice as long as all the kids aren't in it.
As far as crime, I have seen the police there twice and both times were during the daytime hours. I believe it was for domestic disputes. I have seen a few people get arrested on the corner of Coach and Bailey. All of my neighbors are nice and basically keep to themselves. As far as maintenance, Olive Tree is very picky about the grounds and the way the buildings look. They are quick to send notices that there are cable wires incorrectly installed or cigarette butts on the grass, both of which had nothing to do with me! HA! My particular unit is outdated but I've seen other units that are much nicer.
Olive Tree is no place for a family, but if you are single or childless you could do worse.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,708 times
As an older, divorced, "retired" guy who is still working, I've lived at Olive Trees for over 13 years and never had nor have seen any problems with residents there. The brick, concrete block and concrete floor construction make for quieter living and the locked main entrance doors minimize outsider traffic. Facility maintenance is about the best I've seen anywhere.....seen from my experience as a handyman. As one writer mentioned, you can be in the best of neighborhoods and still have idiots, drug users, abusive people, or alcoholics living there, too.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:19 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,100,078 times
olive trees is safe and probably pretty problem free. it is naperville after all and there's some nice neighborhoods surrounding the area. i will say however your probably more likely to have some property crime be it vandalism, car break in, etc than in most other areas of naperville and honestly for the money id say there's better places to live. its not unsafe though.

Old 12-16-2016, 03:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,154 times
I currnetly live in the Apt Complex on Bailey called Naper Trails. I have lived here for 12 years without incident. My building is full of friendly, nice and neighborly people. It's also a very diverse group of people and we all get along. I am looking to move but, to stay in this area. I have to move from my apt. 'cause my landlord no longer wants to allow me to keep my pets! So, I am thinking of buying a condo in Olive Tree since it is right across the street from where I currently live. I think the ammenities that you get for your money is well worth it! Never heard of any questionable happenings going on there either!

Old 12-17-2016, 07:12 PM

118 posts, read 181,079 times
I am looking for a condo in the Naperville area that is fairly sound proof. I read the comment from Brahfox regarding the concrete floors.

Anyone who lives there confirm the noise isolation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs