Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 05:58 PM

829 posts, read 2,088,216 times

Advertisements

And god only knows why you are going on and on about homewood flossmoor declining. Why not look at a south suburban area or high school that actually has declined. There are quit a few of them you know. You are basically trying to talk about a BMW with a $50,000 sticker price and talk about it like it is a dodge neon because you see a black person driving it. I mean just drive down the more expensive streets like western, flossmoor estates. maynegate subdivision, the greens, etc, and tell me what you see. There is a lovely new gated mansion in the process of being built now on western.

Last edited by allen2323; 10-06-2010 at 06:08 PM..

Old 10-06-2010, 06:12 PM

17,402 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
No, I can agree with what ajolotl said that as far as his own racial comfort zone and personal opinion go he took a pass on homewood-flossmoor. Please read my post. Ajolotl is not trying to in any way take his own personal comfort zone, personal opinion and pass it along as factual or objective. Test scores are factual. Rankings are objective. Too many african american people living in an area for your comfort zone is personal.
Quote:
And god only knows why you are going on and on about homewood flossmoor declining. Why not look at a south suburban high school that actually has declined. there are quit a few of them you know. You are basically trying to talk about BMW with a $50,000 sticker price and talk about it like it is a dodge neon because you see a black person driving it.
Quit it with the race card already. You're the one who keeps bringing it up - not me.

HF is/has declined. That is a fact - not an opinion. I get that you like the area and you enjoy living there ... good for you. Whooppee.

But omg ... seriously ... HF is not at the top of the heap anymore. It's not. If Ajolotl says something similar, that's okay. But if I do, it's because I guess I'm some sort of racist ... because that's exactly what you're alluding to.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Quit it with the race card already. You're the one who keeps bringing it up - not me.

HF is/has declined. That is a fact - not an opinion. I get that you like the area and you enjoy living there ... good for you. Whooppee.

But omg ... seriously ... HF is not at the top of the heap anymore. It's not. If Ajolotl says something similar, that's okay. But if I do, it's because I guess I'm some sort of racist ... because that's exactly what you're alluding to.

The top of the heap? To be honest chicagoland is probably the 3rd wealthiest metropolitan area in the wealthiest nation in the world. There is enough affluence to go around in chicago metro. Why does the factual existance of flossmoor, olympia fields, homewood, etc., in the southern suburbs somehow jeopardize the reality of affluent areas new and old that you can clearly see exist all over chicagoland? There are probably several dozen of them, some are pricier than others, or more established, have better schools, closer to chicago, in chicago, etc. Neighborhoods with high median household incomes, higher than average assessed home values according to a factual objective source like the county assessor who determines everyones taxes (not just chatter between you and I back and forth), etc.

Last edited by allen2323; 10-06-2010 at 06:33 PM..

Old 10-06-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
The top of the heap? To be honest chicagoland is the probably the 3rd wealthiest metropolitan area in the wealthiest nation in the world. There is enough affluence to go around in chicago. Why does the factual existance of flossmoor, olympia fields, homewood, etc., somehow jeopardize the reality of affluent areas new and old that you can clearly see exist in chicagoland, which there are probably a several dozen of them? Neighborhoods with high median household incomes, higher than average assessed home values according to to a factual objective source like the county assessor who determines everyones taxes, (not just chatter between you and I back and forth), etc.
What the heck are you babbling about?

You see (or read) only what you want to see.

We're talking about the decline of HF ... as in, Homewood-Flossmoor High School. Or at least I was. Now you're off babbling about spreading the wealth and property taxes.

But of course, by the time I'm done typing this, you'll have edited your original post 4 or 5 times ... so who knows what you'll be saying when I click "submit reply".

Old 10-06-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
What the heck are you babbling about?

You see (or read) only what you want to see.

We're talking about the decline of HF ... as in, Homewood-Flossmoor High School. Or at least I was. Now you're off babbling about spreading the wealth and property taxes.

But of course, by the time I'm done typing this, you'll have edited your original post 4 or 5 times ... so who knows what you'll be saying when I click "submit reply".

To be honest what is a grown man so into a high school for anyway. I think when my daughter becomes of age I will let her decide what school she wants to go to. Marian catholic, the new charter school, or whatever.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
To be honest what is a grown man so into a high school for anyway. .
Well, it's official. You really don't have a clue.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Well, it's official. You really don't have a clue.

I think you don't have a clue about the reality and choices most people are concerned with these days. It isn't what top school to send there son or daughter to thats for sure. And no the public school sucking even if it did does not qualify is a reason for me to move if there is a very good alternatives in the area like award winning private schools or a new charter school for my child to attend. There are like a dozen school options out here. They are all for the most part very good choices.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:55 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
Quote:
I think you don't have a clue about the reality and choices most people are concerned with these days. It isn't what top school to send there son or daughter to thats for sure...
So what is it then?

Old 10-06-2010, 07:06 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,065,658 times
Quote:
Race is something that needs to be talking about. People need to stop being such cowards and spit it out. You know you got something to say so don't pretend you don't.

And nope, WRONG. In this thread, it wasn't Allen who brought up the so-called "race card". This is who it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
Please explain why test scores decline as african american population increases in areas such as Flossmor, regardless of how much money or education the incoming black parents have. I am not race baiting. I genuinely want to know why as a whole white kids do better scholastically even when you account for socio-economic factors.

I continue to believe that areas are only as good as their schools and not everyone can go to private school to avoid the issue.
And this just happens to be where I left off, btw. I come back to City-Data and find this thread is four pages long now....

Old 10-06-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Race is something that needs to be talking about. And people need to stop being such cowards. Spit it out. You know you got something to say so don't pretend you don't.

And nope, WRONG. In this thread, it wasn't Allen who brought up the so-called "race card". This is who it was.

I'm talking about the decline of HF HS and I need to bring up race? New one on me.

And allen was the one who kept tossing race into all of his responses to me ... I never said a lick about color, and yet ... he continues and continues on with voicing his misconception that I left the area because of changing demographics. Which. Is. 100%. Not. True.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs