Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 12:36 PM

83 posts, read 133,506 times

Advertisements

A laid back place go get drinks with a very lax dress code (allows backwards hats, basketball shorts, etc...). A place that a group of girls and guys might enjoy. Really appreciate any suggestions. I am very unfamiliar with Niles but something that matches that above description in Niles or a neighboring town (except to the east) would be great.

Oh and younger couples too. Early 20s to late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 03:04 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,255,850 times
You can check out Northwest HWY between Devon and Touhy - that's the Edison Park neighborhood of Chicago. There is some nightlife and bar stuff there.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:19 PM

83 posts, read 133,506 times
Thanks, anyone else?

Old 11-14-2010, 09:40 AM

3 posts, read 4,060 times
There are a few bars on Milwaukee just south of Devon that tend to attract a younger crowd.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:19 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,657 times
Might be some if you go Morton Grove-y

Old 11-17-2010, 01:23 AM

3,450 posts, read 3,376,258 times
Harlem and Higgins(just south of the Kennedy Epwy.) also has a mini bar district too with multiple bar options, a la Edison Park. I think it's slightly interesting other posters forgot to mention it.

If you don't mind going a little bit south into Portage Park, Hops and Barley(barely south of Montrose) tends to often attract a younger crowd, and is one of the nicer bars in that part of town. (not sure if you're trying to find a more upscale bar, or one that isn't so upscale) Haven't been there in quite a while, so I forget what their dress code is. You also could try Milwaukee Ave anywhere between Foster up to Devon Ave. for more options, and ditto with parts of NW Hwy. near either the Gladstone Park or Norwood Park Metra stops. Most of the NW Hwy bars I'm thinking of here are located a few blocks away from each other, and aren't all in a nearby cluster next to each other, a la the Harlem/Higgins and Edison Park bars.

Jet's Public House is also pretty upscale for the Milwaukee Ave. stretch south of Devon. Sorry if you weren't looking for upscale bars, and my recs don't help you out.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:39 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
What nobody can name a bar in Niles?

Try Chasers.

I don't know about the backwards hats and basketball shorts stuff though. As long as the shorts are not hanging off your ass, you should be ok in many places, in many bars. I don't know what you mean by a "very lax" dress code. If you come in dressed like a gangbanger, in most bars, all bets are off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs