Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2011, 07:36 PM

3 posts, read 7,232 times

Advertisements

Among several options around Argonne National Lab, one of the areas I am contemplating on renting is a townhome in Wyeth Circle, Bolingbrook, 60440-2059.

Any advice or suggestions or alternatives is greatly appreciated.

I need to move in ASAP.

Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 08:48 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Default Why?

Bolingbrook is not all that close to Argonne. Your could have a shorter commute and probably a nicer place in towns like Darien, Woodridge, Lemont or Homer Glen.

Last edited by chet everett; 01-06-2011 at 10:01 PM..

Old 01-06-2011, 10:34 PM

588 posts, read 1,800,232 times
Wyeth is right by Rt. 53 and Boughton. So you are close to I-355 and 55. Darien and Woodridge aren't really that much closer. Based on geography it's actually a pretty good spot. But now on to the neighborhood itself. It's kind of self contained, really just one way in and out and it's right by Boughton Ridge Golf Course and you're real close to Portillo's (I'm a huge fan. Ha) and close to good shopping. The bad thing is, it's an area where all houses and townhouses are right on top of each other. Makes the area feel cramped. We don't get too many calls in that area. Overall it's fairly quiet. We have a few troubled houses but nothing insane. I recommend if you can, drive through the neighborhood around 3-5 pm and see how it's feels to you. During that time kids will be coming home from school and people from work. That way you can see if it has a good vibe and fit for you.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:18 PM

Ofcjim40,
Thanks for the response. Yepp it looked quite in the morning and around lunch when we went to look at the house. Did not get an opportunity to go in the evening. My problem is that we need to move in ASAP. Do you think it is safe place to live with a family. My wife is particularly paranoid with Bolingbrook in general. If this is true how far is this place from troubled areas?

PS: Are you in the police?

Old 01-07-2011, 06:27 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Default I'll defer to ofcjim on the "safety" thing...

I believe he is a police officer.

Personally I would prefer an area that is closer to Argonne, as I know the Stevenson and even surface streets really jam up. If you need to move in hurry it might be hard to find a place closer, but I would try to do as much checking as possible because even on a shoot term lease living in a place that is not the right fit can be maddening.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:56 PM

7 posts, read 14,895 times
Yeah... the Stevenson (Interstate 55) is often bumper to bumper and moves slow.

So about the safety thing: The east side of Bolingbrook (by route 53) is generally considered the rougher side. We're not nervous about shopping, eating or running errands over there but I would think twice before taking a long moonlit stroll.

And ofcjim is a Bolingbrook cop, he's going to know the state of things better than anyone else (and he's right about Portillo's).

Old 01-08-2011, 12:37 AM

588 posts, read 1,800,232 times
Is it a safe area, by statistics and number of calls, yes. Is it right for your family, only you can decide. I-55 does suck during rush hour. Now I have no idea about your budget, etc. I do agree with the above posters for their locations given. If it fits in your budget then Darien, Downers, etc. can be wonderful. You have kids, if so how old? The other communities do have higher ranked schools if they are school aged.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:03 AM

Thank you all for the response. Kid is still a toddler, couple of years before she goes to a school. Will keep all advices in mind when deciding.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:16 PM

3 posts, read 6,913 times
Hello I am relocating to bolingbrook, What side of town is a good place to live. Hw is the living in bolingbrook, also I have a daugther going into high school, is boling brook high a good choice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs