Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:54 PM

4 posts, read 24,083 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are moving to Schaumburg at the end of the summer. We plan on renting first then purchasing a home or townhouse. Can anyone tell me which apartments are in the Schaumburg High School attendance zone? Please don't respond with negative comments about the area or the winters. I have already been to the area, grew up in wisconsin and have lived in many cities over the past 20 years. No place is perfect, crime is everywhere, my mind is made up, it is time to move back closer to family. Thanks in advance.

PS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 06:39 AM

474 posts, read 2,538,206 times
Default Schaumburg Area IS Expensive

Since you don't want any negative comments about Schaumburg, I am really directing this towards people who are not familiar with the area. Schaumburg is the home of Motorola Corpoartion and I was employed at Motorola for 26 years. The crime rate in Schaumburg is quite low, but the problem with the city is all of its traffic congestion and expensive housing. You sound as if money is no object so therefore you will may feel comfortable in spending a moderate amount of money. I don't know anything about the Schaumburg school situation since I avoided living there. Too expensive for me. So I hope this will help other people in their curioisity about Schaumburg, Illinois.

Best Regards,

Carter Glass

Old 07-18-2007, 07:07 AM

759 posts, read 3,143,434 times
Default schaumburg high school district

Pallas 127, I live in the Schaumuburg High School District and I can't even tell you! The way they zone things here is strange. There are some areas in Schaumburg (west of Barrington) where you are in the Streamwood School district and some areas of Hanover park and Streamwood where you are in the Schaumburg School District.

I tried to do a search on Apartments.com and Rent.com, but they don't give you the exact high school. It might just say School district 211.

Your best bet would be to look on the above websites and call some of the apartment complexes to check. I live south of Schaumburg Road and west of Roselle Road, I think that this area is all Schaumburg High School, except for the Hanover Park area. They go to Hoffman Estates High School, but I don't think it's a great high school (just hearsay from some of the local kids).

Have you tried calling Schaumburg High School directly? Maybe they can send you a map or something?

Old 07-18-2007, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 10,202 times
There are three high schools that Schaumburg and Hoffman Estates residents can attend. They are Conant, Schaumburg, and Hoffman Estates. I believe Hoffman kids may fall within all three borders as well as Schaumburg kids. So you may consider Hoffman Estates as well for your search. There is basically no difference between the two towns.

Like the post above stated, the borders are not well defined. A general idea would be to stay within the Elgin-Ohare expressway on the south, Rt 53 on the east, I-90 on the north, and Barrington road on the west. Look on Google maps. Then, ask the apartment managers what school district they are in.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:10 AM

87 posts, read 411,169 times
schaumburg is alrite its near woodfield mall and not far from dwntwn chicago its just ur typical chicagoland burb

Old 07-18-2007, 11:10 AM

677 posts, read 4,209,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallas127 View Post
We are moving to Schaumburg at the end of the summer. We plan on renting first then purchasing a home or townhouse. Can anyone tell me which apartments are in the Schaumburg High School attendance zone?
Here is the district boundary map: http://www.d211.org/pdf/WallMap-2001.pdf. The area outlined in light pink attends Schaumburg HS.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:56 PM

4 posts, read 24,083 times
Thanks for the info everyone. Does anyone know what the commute from Schaumburg to Deerfield is like during the rush hours?

Old 07-21-2007, 11:57 AM

92 posts, read 445,654 times
Hmm I'm taking a guess here but I would say 40-45 min maybe...I was commuting a similar distance, from Carpentersville to Northbrook recently, and it took me a good hour in rush hour traffic.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:15 PM

94 posts, read 466,732 times
There is actually a small portion condo's and possibly town homes and alot of appartments in shaumburg along algonquin road west of 53. these i would suggest for the sole fact that they fall with in Fremd High School district lines. Fremd is a much better high school and has better test scores than all of their district 211 counterparts. Furthermore the teachers earn more. district 211 on a whole is about the best district you can get in a public school in cook county, save what ever district new trier is in.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 10,046 times
Default A good link

Home

The link above is a good link to verify school attendace zones for district 211
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs