Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2011, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 12,936 times

Advertisements

I am moving back to IL in a couple of months and don't know exactly what city to move to. I am familiar with McHenry (where I am from) but I will be working and needing to reside in or near Aurora. I have no idea what's happening in that area. Any info on Aurora or surrounding cities? Or maybe somewhere in the middle of McHenry and Aurora?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 09:01 PM

13 posts, read 35,889 times
Montgomery is good. Batavia is great. Naperville is also great.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:15 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,527,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlm1023 View Post
I am moving back to IL in a couple of months and don't know exactly what city to move to. I am familiar with McHenry (where I am from) but I will be working and needing to reside in or near Aurora. I have no idea what's happening in that area. Any info on Aurora or surrounding cities? Or maybe somewhere in the middle of McHenry and Aurora?
Oswego, Batavia, Yorkville, Naperville, Lisle, North Aurora, Plainfield, Wheaton, St Charles.

Aurora is surrounded by great burbs and places to live. Don't let people scare you off of Aurora. Not saying Aurora would be the best fit, if you have kids or something maybe Naperville would be better but people knock Aurora and it's really not a bad place to live.

Sure there's a few sketchy areas but Aurora gets a bad rep that's not really deserved.

The west side of Aurora out by Orchard and Galena or anywhere around there is nice, decent schools. The other side of AUrora between rt 59 and eola is all pretty good as well most of that goes to Napwerville dist 204 schools.

Aurora is decent, you got a lot of new restaurants, stores, bars, condos going up downtown Aurora. Got the Metra if you like to go to the city. You also got everything along Rt 59 and have dt Naperville not far etiher.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:43 PM

358 posts, read 847,636 times
Hinsdale and Oak Brook

Old 03-18-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chummy Waters View Post
Hinsdale and Oak Brook
Neither of these are really close to Aurora and the poster said nothing that would indicate these would be a good pick.

I'm probably stereotyping here but I have a lot of friends from McHenry, wonder lake, etc area nad I think most people from that area would hate Hinsdale & Oak Brook and probably Naperville for that matter as well.

Most people I know from McHenry tend to be easygoing, laid back, no presumptuous, etc.

Assuming thats you I would maybe suggest Montgomery, Oswego, Batavia, Yorkville. Though they are burbs more of a McHenry feel to them.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:19 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,648,036 times
where in aurora will you be working? If you are working on the East side/Naperville border, then i would suggest the subdivisions that are near rush-copley; warrenville, or south naperville down 59.
If you are working near the west side of aurora, there are areas around orchard, also North Aurora, Sugar Grove, montgomery and even yorkville, kaneville or big rock. It just depends!

Old 03-21-2011, 10:44 AM

306 posts, read 480,109 times
Batavia would be a good burb. Aurora is very large so knowing where you work is the big thing. The far east side and north east side on Kirk are all good areas. The west side is nice as well. Oswego borders it, as does North Aurora which is okay.
Another town, Sugar Grove has some great homes and borders it on the far west side, but has little development/ places for kids and teenagers(you did not mention if you had children).
The No. 1 question needed answered is where in Aurora. Good luck.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
where in aurora will you be working? If you are working on the East side/Naperville border, then i would suggest the subdivisions that are near rush-copley; warrenville, or south naperville down 59.
If you are working near the west side of aurora, there are areas around orchard, also North Aurora, Sugar Grove, montgomery and even yorkville, kaneville or big rock. It just depends!
I agree I ike the area near copley, affordable, decent area, etc. One thing to consider is this is east aurora school district most likely. If you have kids you won't like the schools, even if you dont have kids resale will be much tougher beign in east aurora school district instead of dist 204
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs