Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:25 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,836,401 times

Advertisements

Elmhurst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 05:43 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,194,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megi09 View Post
Skokie, Niles and Morton Grove arent good choices anymore. All the dirt moves here slowly from the city. More up north you choose, better for you. Palatine or Lake Zurich would be ok. i dont think you can find a good, safe and clean town with a quick commute to the city. you have to compromise and pick one. As a mother I'd suck up the extra 15 minutes for the sake of the little ones. Just my opinion. Good luck.
BTW- as far as finding a house in your price, you have more chances in Lake Zurich since its not Cook county all the way, like Palatine which rips people off on almost everything!!! People are nicer up north and very helpful.
VERY generalized statement. Have you checked out the portion of Palatine along Rand Rd.? No way I would live there, but I still consider other parts of palatine very livable. I have friends who still live in SE Skokie and think it is still decent and certainly not "dirt". But yes, you need to pick your neighborhoods more carefully than you perhaps needed to 20-30 years ago. It is fairly simple. Live as far as possible from any large concentrations of apartment buildings and live in a SFH only neighborhood.
And how does Lake Zurich fit into 40 minutes proximity of Ogilvie Center?!

Old 03-24-2011, 10:11 PM

133 posts, read 288,846 times
With the economy and the market down, I think that you could probably find something in Glenview or Wilmette or Northbrook with your price range. No need to go far out, just look at multiple communities that could fit your needs. They all have good school districts. I disagree with the Skokie, Morton Grove and Niles statement. I think it depends on the neighborhood, as Cubssoxfan said.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:32 AM

939 posts, read 2,368,772 times
I think you might like Mount Prospect.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:42 AM

70 posts, read 177,834 times
I would always like to keep coming back to LA. It gives me a sense belongingness. It is one present kinda-like feel.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:44 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,194,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerankinn View Post
I would always like to keep coming back to LA. It gives me a sense belongingness. It is one present kinda-like feel.
And this is related to the topic in which way??!! Please step away from the bong before posting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs