Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 12:11 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,678,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner0325 View Post
So these facts make all people that live in Naperville rich and snobby? I never said anything about household income or race, in fact I said most were upper middle class. Doesn't mean there aren't blue collars that live there, which there are and it is a nice town to live in. So until you have lived there don't stick a bad generalization on the whole town (not saying you did per say). I am trying to give the OP solid information from a person that has lived there and witnessed it and we were NOT rich by any means..
That's fine. I'm trying to give the OP facts and statistics, not eyewitness accounts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 12:17 PM

438 posts, read 1,699,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
That's fine. I'm trying to give the OP facts and statistics, not eyewitness accounts.
No problem, but the OP specifically asked about moving to Winding Creek which is where I lived for a number of years. I don't remember the OP asking what the median income was or what % of race was throughout. Anyways, it's not a big deal or worth arguing I was just giving my point of view having lived there.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:26 PM

190 posts, read 405,231 times
Honestly I do appreciate Gunner's comments since he did in fact live there.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:53 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,260,841 times
Quote:
Cool, does that mean we can do that about where you live? And you won't get agitated by someone giving advise who may have never set foot in your neighborhood, let alone spent much time in or around it? And we can spew huge, inaccurate generalizations while we're at it? Oh yeah, that will lead to useful information, let alone useful conversations

Old 05-06-2011, 12:24 PM

655 posts, read 1,128,353 times
ChicagoRE,

I live right next to Winding Creek and it is a very nice area. Easy to get to town, you can belong to the Maplebrook II pool (they may even have a bond with the house) which is a nice pool, not cookie cutter houses but not mansions and lots of families out and about. There is a huge open park area that was just rebuilt last year and a lot of houses back up to it so if the yards aren't that big at least you have that feeling of open space. I have a lot of friends that live in Maplebrook II and Winding Creek and they like it very much.

If you have some specific questions about the area (To provide some context....I have two grade school kids, both my husband and I commute north for work, I moved from Burr Ridge 6 years ago) send me a DM and I would be happy to chat with you.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:11 PM

358 posts, read 847,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner0325 View Post
Have you lived there? I am just saying not all the people are rich and snobby. You are basing your generalization off #'s not experience
I didn't state they were "rich and snobby". I stated the median incomes and home value, and said that Naperville was not diverse. Which IT IS NOT. Oak Park is diverse, Chicago is diverse. Naperville, uh, no.
Doesn't matter if I live there or not, when it comes to diversity, facts are facts. Also factual is that I dated a girl from Naperville for 5 years, so I certainly know a lot about the town.

Now, as far as my opinion on people being snobby in Naperville, I'd say a some are, and that shows through in some others posts, but that being said, Hinsdale, Barrington, and some North Shore communities are certainly more snobby IMO.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chummy Waters View Post
I didn't state they were "rich and snobby". I stated the median incomes and home value, and said that Naperville was not diverse. Which IT IS NOT. Oak Park is diverse, Chicago is diverse. Naperville, uh, no.
Doesn't matter if I live there or not, when it comes to diversity, facts are facts. Also factual is that I dated a girl from Naperville for 5 years, so I certainly know a lot about the town.

Now, as far as my opinion on people being snobby in Naperville, I'd say a some are, and that shows through in some others posts, but that being said, Hinsdale, Barrington, and some North Shore communities are certainly more snobby IMO.
That is fine, but the OP never asked about median incomes or home values OR diversity. When I said Naperville has diversity, it was pertaining to snobby people and the fact that not all Naperville people are snobby and like the "Jonses". Diversity does not always have to refer to race which race was never even brought up. Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder about Naperville..maybe the girl you dated there dumped you or something, but you have never lived there, there for, you do not know what you are talking about. NOR do you know anything about Winding Creek which is what the OP was ASKING about. Sorry you hate Naperville, but don't scare someone away from moving their whole family there because "you dated a girl there for 5 years" and you looked up Naperville's median incomes, home values and race statistics and they aren't as "diverse" as you would like.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:37 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,678,955 times
I doubt high income statistics and median home prices will "scare" someone away from Naperville.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I doubt high income statistics and median home prices will "scare" someone away from Naperville.
I agree, but his earlier negative remarks might....

Old 05-06-2011, 02:42 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,193 times
Quote:
What does median income for a community of 150,000 have to do with the snobbishness of the people in a particular subdivision, Winding Creek? You do understand that "median" means half the people in Naperville make less than $117K per year ... that's 75,000 people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs