Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 04:39 PM

4 posts, read 12,065 times

Advertisements

For you religious people on here who keep saying you fear us… what happened to being God-fearing

Last edited by itsacrazyworld; 03-30-2008 at 04:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 04:52 PM

17,373 posts, read 14,622,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsacrazyworld View Post
You People make me want to say so many things that I know are not allowed on here. I don't see why I can't use the words I like when you are saying all the hurtful things that you can. Racism exists and u people are too selfish to admit it. I guess u really just can't see it. I guess we can't blame you for being blind. Tell me this... Where do you expect us to live? You force us out of the city so you can be soooo close to the lovely downtown Chicago and You don't want us in the suburbs. I guess u prefer if we didn't exist. Well guess what, we are here and if u don't like it take the advice of your peers and move to central IL. That's on you. You are slowly but surly trying to force us out of the city. Well good luck. We have the right to be anywhere you are. For all of you that say these places are soooo bad why do u say that? You are being very judgmental based on the physical. I know for a fact that 9 out of 10 of you have never been harmed or harassed by any of these people you are so afraid of. You view these neighborhoods as bad because there are more than a handful of blacks in those areas. Like someone previously mentioned, you are intolerant!
Listen, I really don't care where black people live. But the fact of the matter is, is that as Cal City became more black, crime went up. It's not bad BECAUSE it's black, it's bad AND black.

Count me as the one out of 10 because in the last year my family lived in Cal City - 1993 - my car was stolen, my inlaws dog was stolen and my inlaws house was broken in to. And 1993 was the year, if I could pinpoint a place in tiime, that white people moved out and black people moved in. Coincidence? Sure, whatever. But who robbed us? Um, black people.

Cal City is now a craphole. Murders, robberies, no one cares about their property, it's filthy - garbage is everywhere.

I don't care what color you are - but if you kill & steal, um, I don't wanna live in your neighborhood.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vester72 View Post
These numbers are all biased, right - all someone else's fault, right?

[URL="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/28cnd-prison.html?_r=3&hp&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=s login"]The New York Times > Log In[/URL]

In all seriousness, stop complaining and make changes in your community - only then will things change.

Here is just part of the problem:

[URL="http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0424/p09s02-coop.html"]First comes baby, then comes marriage? | csmonitor.com[/URL]

Bill Cosby seems to agree with me too:

[URL="http://www.mishalov.com/bill-cosby-naacp.html"]Bill Cosby NAACP 17 May 2004[/URL]

Slavery is, was and always has been reprehensible and inexcusable, but it has existed throughout history and everyone other culture that has been devastated by it has overcome it - I am not saying forget it, but I am saying the black community has to move past it and succeed in life, like you have. But you just never know what might happen: Dave Chappelle-Reparations For Slavery | Other & Random | Funny Videos, Pictures and Jokes at JibJab (http://www.jibjab.com/view/140957 - broken link)).

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Our community? Why does it have to be our Community? Why must we separate? Because that’s the way you want it. I never understood that separate but equal bull. If it’s so equal why be separate? We have always lacked resources that you were born with. And we will never get over the fact that we were in slavery because we want to make sure that our children and children to come will know of the past. If you don’t know your history you will repeat it. Finally I don’t have anything against any race but you can not expect us to sit back and keep our mouths closed like you say the others are doing. Don’t compare us.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 03-30-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Listen, I really don't care where black people live. But the fact of the matter is, is that as Cal City became more black, crime went up. It's not bad BECAUSE it's black, it's bad AND black.

Count me as the one out of 10 because in the last year my family lived in Cal City - 1993 - my car was stolen, my inlaws dog was stolen and my inlaws house was broken in to. And 1993 was the year, if I could pinpoint a place in tiime, that white people moved out and black people moved in. Coincidence? Sure, whatever. But who robbed us? Um, black people.

Cal City is now a craphole. Murders, robberies, no one cares about their property, it's filthy - garbage is everywhere.

I don't care what color you are - but if you kill & steal, um, I don't wanna live in your neighborhood.

You said to me that all these things happened but not once have you told me you saw who committed these crimes. You just assumed. Blacks are not the only ones that rob, kill etc...

Old 03-30-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
[SIZE=3]Our community? Why does it have to be our Community? Why must we separate? Because that’s the way you want it. I never understood that separate but equal bull. If it’s so equal why be separate? We have always lacked resources that you were born with. And we will never get over the fact that we were in slavery because we want to make sure that our children and children to come will know of the past. If you don’t know your history you will repeat it. Finally I don’t have anything against any race but you can not expect us to sit back and keep our mouths closed like you say the others are doing. Don’t compare us.[/SIZE]
You know, I'm white. I was born white. I was also born frickin' poor. Welfare cheese and all. So I don't know what resources you're talking about that I had that you didn't. Please explain.

You weren't a slave. I wasn't a slaveowner. In fact, I can pretty much guarrantee that neither your parents nor mine had anything to do with slavery. And I can do you one better - my family had nothing to do with slavery in this country as my forefathers were blindly oblivious in Poland when it happened.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
You said to me that all these things happened but not once have you told me you saw who committed these crimes. You just assumed. Blacks are not the only ones that rob, kill etc...
Nope. Didn't assume. The people in all three cases were caught red handed - one of them running down the alley with dog in hand as well.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:43 PM

162 posts, read 803,349 times
Quote:
[SIZE=3]Our community? Why does it have to be our Community? Why must we separate? Because that’s the way you want it. I never understood that separate but equal bull. If it’s so equal why be separate? We have always lacked resources that you were born with. And we will never get over the fact that we were in slavery because we want to make sure that our children and children to come will know of the past. If you don’t know your history you will repeat it. Finally I don’t have anything against any race but you can not expect us to sit back and keep our mouths closed like you say the others are doing. Don’t compare us.[/SIZE]
It has to be "Our Community" because that seems to be the way blacks like it.

The "Black Community", "Black History Month", "Black Churches", etc. I do not understand that separatism myself, and do not understand why that is socially acceptable, but it is.

You tell me why that is, I have no clue. Sometimes equality is what is wanted, but in other ways it is not wanted - it is just really confusing to me. Can you imagine if a church was called a "White Church" or if there was a "White History Month"? All hell would break loose - Reverend Al would have a coronary.

And yes, I am voting for Obama - he is a great, great man - I see him as a man, not a black man or white man but just a great man. There are some serious bridges that need to be mended in this country - and the fault lies on ALL sides, not just white or blacks. But, each race blames the other and does nothing to fix the actual problems that exist.

At the end of the day thee seems to be some serious breakdowns in certain segments of the black community and until they are both accepted and addressed things will not change.

Seriously - having 1 in 9 males between the ages of 20 and 34 in prison is messed up, really messed up.

Last edited by vester72; 04-04-2008 at 10:53 PM..

Old 04-04-2008, 11:06 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,602,442 times
This present discussion needs to be in the political forums. This thread is way off topic. I am not saying it is not a valid discussion, but it is way off topic.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:06 AM

162 posts, read 683,611 times
I love to come on this post just to see how far my lovely city has come.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vester72 View Post
And yes, I am voting for Obama - he is a great, great man - I see him as a man, not a black man or white man but just a great man. There are some serious bridges that need to be mended in this country - and the fault lies on ALL sides, not just white or blacks. But, each race blames the other and does nothing to fix the actual problems that exist.
I agree with Avengerfire that this topic has gotten WAY of course ... BUT ...

I had to completely and utterly agree with the above. 120%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs