Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 02:55 PM

112 posts, read 255,548 times

Advertisements

I'm currently trying to decide between an apartment in Bolingbrook and one in Lombard. The apartment in Bolingbrook is west of the intersection of Boughton rd and IL 53. Its called Lincoln at River Run. The one in Lombard is south of Roosevelt on Finley rd. That one is called International Village.

Does anyone have any information on the pros and cons of each location? If anyone knows anything about those specific apartment complexes that would be great also. I appreciate any responses. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 03:00 PM

588 posts, read 1,799,412 times
I can only speak for the Bolingbrook one. It's ok, it's the safest out of all apartment areas in Bolingbrook. Not too many Police calls or serious crime. The biggest downfall is very cheap construction. The walls are very thin along with the floors. There are frequent noise complaints even when someone's radio, etc. isn't that loud. If at all possible go for the top floor. I don't know much about how good it's clubhouse or other amenities are. It's probably a 7 out of 10 as far as apartments go. The units themselves seem fairly decent, good size and views.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:58 PM

Thanks for the input ofcjim

Old 07-10-2011, 08:36 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,706,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcjim40 View Post
I can only speak for the Bolingbrook one. It's ok, it's the safest out of all apartment areas in Bolingbrook. Not too many Police calls or serious crime. The biggest downfall is very cheap construction. The walls are very thin along with the floors. There are frequent noise complaints even when someone's radio, etc. isn't that loud. If at all possible go for the top floor. I don't know much about how good it's clubhouse or other amenities are. It's probably a 7 out of 10 as far as apartments go. The units themselves seem fairly decent, good size and views.
I used to live in that area and there is rarely ever any cops over there, maybe once a month. Noise complaints, really? I never heard a peep after 9pm. You hear the occasional car drive by with its subs but beyond that not really. I don't know anything about the one in Lombard but I can say that the one in Bolingbrook is in a safe area. Although a lot of people think Bolingbrook is ghetto and has as much crime as Iraq, not true at all. There is some bad areas but that's any city.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:28 AM

588 posts, read 1,799,412 times
We are there much more that once a month, there are 17 buildings in there so there's a decent amount of people living in a condensed area. So you probably lived in one of the quieter buildings which is good. Again usually the worst calls we get in there are domestics and loud noise, nothing real crazy. But those you get everywhere. We probably get 20-30 calls a month there, but remember that's spread out in a rather large apartment complex, so that's not a crazy high number.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:59 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,525,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong bundy View Post
I'm currently trying to decide between an apartment in Bolingbrook and one in Lombard. The apartment in Bolingbrook is west of the intersection of Boughton rd and IL 53. Its called Lincoln at River Run. The one in Lombard is south of Roosevelt on Finley rd. That one is called International Village.

Does anyone have any information on the pros and cons of each location? If anyone knows anything about those specific apartment complexes that would be great also. I appreciate any responses. Thanks
I'm sort of familiar with both areas but not eitehr apartment building. Depending on your age and how active you are with nightlife and stuff Lombard probably has more restaurants, bars, etc. Your also slightly closer to the city as well.

I actually like Bolingbrook but it always just feels kinda boring to me like not much is giong on, no downtown, no nightlife scene, etc.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:18 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong bundy View Post

I work with someone who lives in the International Village. She has said the place is attractive and well kept, and the management company does lots of extras like meet-and-greets and special little events for the residents. I haven't seen the place, though--just passing along what I've been told.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:25 PM

thanks for the input everyone. If anyone else has any input please share it.

From what I can tell and from reviews I've read (though you have to take those with a grain of salt) the biggest complaint in any of them is noise. Loud to one person may be inconsequential to another and noise is just something you have to expect when living in an apartment complex. I'll probably go for the Bolingbrook one. It's a little more expensive but it has all the features I was looking for (in unit washer/dryer, balcony, individualy metered utilities, etc...).

If I don't pick one I'm just gonna be comparison shopping for the next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs