Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2011, 07:24 AM

74 posts, read 173,636 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I will be moving back to Illinois 1Q of 2012. I will be working in the Joliet/Rockdale area. Of course I don't want to live there I would love to live closer to the city. In a nice suburban area, with good housing, close to a Metra line. I was thinking maby Orland Park. But I'm not really sure. Do you have any advice on this area, or any area that you would recommend?

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,101,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_moore View Post
Hello all, I will be moving back to Illinois 1Q of 2012. I will be working in the Joliet/Rockdale area. Of course I don't want to live there I would love to live closer to the city. In a nice suburban area, with good housing, close to a Metra line. I was thinking maby Orland Park. But I'm not really sure. Do you have any advice on this area, or any area that you would recommend?

thanks in advance
Joliet and Orland Park are not that far apart?
If your coming back to the area for a visit and have been away for awhile just drive into orland

Another area is Oak Forest , Tinley Park.
all good areas albeit closer than joliet to the city and close to METRA lines.
All in cook county with pieces of tp and orland p in will co

Old 10-12-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
no it's not.. they are maybe a good 15-20 mins on 80.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
If your coming back to the area for a visit and have been away for awhile just drive into orland

Another area is Oak Forest , Tinley Park.
all good areas albeit closer than joliet to the city and close to METRA lines.
All in cook county with pieces of tp and orland p in will co

thanks alot.. I don't think i've been to oak forest. But i've been to Tinley. It's a really nice area ( I actually forgot about Tinley Park). It maybe kinda expense to live there. hmmm???

Old 10-17-2011, 09:06 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,101,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_moore View Post
thanks alot.. I don't think i've been to oak forest. But i've been to Tinley. It's a really nice area ( I actually forgot about Tinley Park). It maybe kinda expense to live there. hmmm???
I really like Tinley Park - Its close to everything that I need.
Clean area , low crime rate, transportation, forest preserves and is surrounded by good villages you can get into the city easy and you can also get out to the country if you want to.

Its a nice balance

Old 10-20-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I really like Tinley Park - Its close to everything that I need.
Clean area , low crime rate, transportation, forest preserves and is surrounded by good villages you can get into the city easy and you can also get out to the country if you want to.

Its a nice balance

thanks for this.. This is one of the reasons why it's one of my top choices. I'm also considering Olympia Fields.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs