Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 07:40 AM

18 posts, read 57,549 times

Advertisements

Yeah addison seemed like it could have been perfect. So sad. been
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 10:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,408 times
I have lived in Addison for 5 years now, and I regret every minute of it! Unfortunately, I bought a beautiful townhome, but it is in close proximity to low income housing projects called college boulevard apartments! The people that live there blast music at all hours of the day and night, they let their kids out at 8 in the morning and do not allow them back in until 11 at night, they set off fireworks all year round and in general disturb the peace any chance they get. The worst thing is that the addison police do nothing about this situation. If you have any choice at all, do not move any where near these projects. I have been listening to fireworks today for 10 hours straight ....and it is still going on. College blvd apartments are worse than cabrini green.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:56 PM

Sounds horrible... We moved to Elmhurst btw. We are really happy with the choice.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,408 times
Good for you! We have put our home up for sale and will be moving as soon as possible! Good luck with your new home!!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:07 PM

Thanks for the well wishes! Good luck to you too.

Old 08-31-2020, 02:34 AM

3 posts, read 1,938 times
Don't come here if u value ur life stay on the good side at least cuz a gas station got robbed and shot up a few months ago and a carjacking also happened a few months ago and there be hella gangs out here like GDs,latin counts, etc

Old 08-31-2020, 07:04 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,423,448 times
Addison is a mixed bag same as Villa Park. It has nice areas as well as dumpy low-income areas. The low income areas are going to have issues with property crime and that may spill over a bit into some of the adjacent nicer areas. Overall it is a decent place it certainly isn't a craphole with major violent crimes like Harvey, Maywood, and other ghetto suburbs.

Old 08-31-2020, 07:13 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
I have mentioned this before, somewhere, but I had heard that many Italian residents from the 24th and Oakley neighborhood moved primarily to Addison many years ago when the neighborhood began to change/ or went looking for new opportunities and home stock.

I always wanted to go visit Addison. Have not done so yet. Still may!

Old 08-31-2020, 08:11 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,423,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post
Don't come here if u value ur life stay on the good side at least cuz a gas station got robbed and shot up a few months ago and a carjacking also happened a few months ago and there be hella gangs out here like GDs,latin counts, etc
A hoodrat from Dolton and a friend staying at a hotel in Addison got arrested for it. They won't be out anytime soon as we have a real state's attorney here in Dupage Co and not that marxist procriminal Foxx. They will be doing hard time.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/pa...tation-robbery

Old 09-24-2020, 05:17 AM

3 posts, read 1,938 times
I am from the future and all i can say is addison has not changed at all well i guess it got worse with at least 3 confirmed shootings ( 2 in one month btw ) and has hella more robberies, burglaries, aggravated assaults, gang problems, kidnappers, drunk drivers etc and its kinda sad honesty i be riding thru it and just see lil kids all alone at night running around could be easy targets for kidnappers cuz like i remember a few nights ago i was out walking to my house when a truck rolled up and a dude hopped out i started walking away in a faster pace when they started yelling and beeping at me i got away tho but the gang problem is bad here too i be seein hella gang graffiti all over and gang members its very bad now most of it is pretty much a ghetto one time i was looking outside my window at around 2 am and saw a dude brandishing a firearm at a car bruh... Its just normal seeing that type of stuff here now and to top it all off while i was cleaning my house i found a big BULLET in my own house... And ion even own a firearm well i live in apartments so ion even know how tf it got there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs