Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:57 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,261,841 times

Advertisements

• Gas costs $0.80 a gallon more
  • Sales tax is higher
  • Tolls-oh goody
  • Lake Michigan air conditioning high jacked another warm spring day.
  • Another story about "the Chicago way" of politics in C(r)ook County
On the plus side, it is good to be home again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 11:46 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,987,954 times
You see GREEN! I was in Phoenix recently and I hated all that brown.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:22 PM

I was on the beach, no condos or commercial blight and drove through the beauty of AL, TN, KY and the lower cost farmlands of Indiana. Once you hit Lake Co. Indiana prices go up, then another step "up" in Cook Co. Good thing I didn't venture into the city or the gas prices would have really made me feel like I was violated.
Why are our gas prices so high again? Can't be due to all the new highway and transit projects.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:09 PM

1,520 posts, read 2,574,570 times
people in suburbs love to complain about gas prices

Old 04-02-2012, 03:02 PM

So you enjoy paying some of the highest gas prices in the country? In a State rife with corruption and mis-management? And you don't think the two are possibly connected?
Downstate gas is $3.89 Illinois Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Illinois
Besides the reformulation for emissions control, why are we paying more??

Old 04-02-2012, 03:44 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,051,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
people in suburbs love to complain about gas prices
And people in the city like to pay fees on everything in addition to high taxes.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:44 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,259,477 times
The gas prices are high in Illinois because our governors have never capped the profit on fuel. MO, unless it has changed in the last 4-5 years, is capped at 10% per dollar. The stations that get caught gouging customers cough up $50K per violation.

A friend of mine owned a convenience store. I asked him how he lived? He said the profit came from store rather than the gas. He sold everything from alcohol to worms and yellow apples to Tulsa zoo passes.

Everyone eats. There is no reason groceries cannot be raised 1/2 of 1% or even 1%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
I was on the beach, no condos or commercial blight and drove through the beauty of AL, TN, KY and the lower cost farmlands of Indiana. Once you hit Lake Co. Indiana prices go up, then another step "up" in Cook Co. Good thing I didn't venture into the city or the gas prices would have really made me feel like I was violated.
Why are our gas prices so high again? Can't be due to all the new highway and transit projects.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:00 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,355,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
The gas prices are high in Illinois because our governors have never capped the profit on fuel. MO, unless it has changed in the last 4-5 years, is capped at 10% per dollar. The stations that get caught gouging customers cough up $50K per violation.

A friend of mine owned a convenience store. I asked him how he lived? He said the profit came from store rather than the gas. He sold everything from alcohol to worms and yellow apples to Tulsa zoo passes.

Everyone eats. There is no reason groceries cannot be raised 1/2 of 1% or even 1%.

Thats propaganda. And based on what evidence? The taxes are higher in the city, making the prices higher. The further you get out of the city and county the lower it gets because of taxes. Its not hard to figure out where the money per gallon of gas is allocated. The taxes and fuel cost is public information. Its not because the stations are gouging us. It obviously would have been uncovered by now if that was true because all the conspiracy theorists and angry consumers think that.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:33 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,101,688 times
This morning Gasbuddy.com had most of Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana
A nice shade of Red, Orange and yellow.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:34 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,574,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
And people in the city like to pay fees on everything in addition to high taxes.
meh, my prop taxes are pretty low and the sales tax is more than offset by my 0$ transportation budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs