Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 01:37 AM

12 posts, read 19,476 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

This may be best suited for another site, but I figured I'd start here. I've written a similar post for the City of Chicago forum, so folks who have any idea regarding relocating there can feel free to chime in there.

About one year ago, I moved out to Seattle to take some one year contract work with I company I was ecstatic to get an in with, and came with the possibility of permanent work after the first year. However, this did not become permanent, and as of a month ago, I have become unemployed and am collecting unemployment insurance.

And as such, I am hoping to find my way home, just not to my parents' house on the SW side. The key is having a Chicago-area address so I can get taken more seriously for Chicago area jobs that I am applying for. Staying in Seattle is much, much preferable to living with my parents, who drive me crazy if I'm around them more than 2 days at a time.

It appears that I need a series of short term leases or month-to-month payments to make this work, which is why I'm willing to consider the inner part of suburbia. Proximity to a Metra station (or in those few suburbs that have it, the 'L') would be ideal, especially in the inner NW, N, W, and SW burbs.

I know that given my present situation, lots of neighborhoods, both in the city and the 'burbs, are going to be off limits, especially as I'd ideally like to keep my per-month rent under $900 on a short-term lease or month to month; I'm currently paying $675 month to month out here in Seattle, after completing a one year lease at the same price per month.

I do have a decent amount, but not extremely large, number of $$$$ built up in savings, so it somewhat mitigates the problem of what I may be able to afford. Paying off student loans is not an issue for me.

Do any of you by chance have suggestions as to what I may be able to do? Any help that any of you may be able to give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs