Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 06:24 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,005,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap2367 View Post
lemont is good because we can make our tax dollar spreed so far we got good police fource no gangs and good privite and public schools

Always nice when some one randomly re-opens a two year old thread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 10:10 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,203,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Always nice when some one randomly re-opens a two year old thread...
I agree! Why can't they start a new, RELEVANT, thread?!

Old 07-08-2009, 10:44 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,352,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap2367 View Post
lemont is good because we can make our tax dollar spreed so far we got good police fource no gangs and good privite and public schools
Gangs should be the least of your worries. I guess you didn't attend school in Lemont because you misspelled 3 words in one sentence.
One

Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 AM

4 posts, read 12,070 times
Default gay

Hinsdale is filled with gay people but in lemont there is no gay married couples if you dont want your kids growing up and gay move to Lemont

Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 AM

4 posts, read 12,070 times
i am only in first grade

Old 07-24-2009, 11:33 AM

643 posts, read 1,480,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
I agree! Why can't they start a new, RELEVANT, thread?!
As someone who has done a lot of corporate relocating, this is a subject that really irks me. Not speaking for the poster who re-opened this thread, but I know from own observation that often people with questions about a relocation (not so much the regulars but people trying to do research for an actual move) -- if they do open a new thread -- are then admonished (in tone rather that in text) for not first using the search function to find other (old) information. Rainfall in Portland, Oregon for example.

If the information in the older thread is still of use and adding to it provides a cumulative value to people trying to do relo research, then why shouldn't they add to the thread? I think sometimes regular posters forget the core purpose of city-data which is relocation research. A lot of the info posted here is good for many years. The weather in Portland hasn't changed in the last few years! Nor have many of the characteristics that define the similarities and differences between Hinsdale and Clarendon Hills. Even if it's about recent changes to an area -- the cumulative information is of value to the primary audience: people thinking about moving!

If you learn from posts over the past several years on city-data that tear downs in Hinsdale have happened mostly over the last ten years and now its slowing down but some people are still upset over it -- then reading more information over a period of time is better. It's like a virtual reality tour vs. a single snap shot. It isn't about making sure realtors and local regulars don't have to read the same stuff over and over again about their hometowns.

The core purpose is to help people make informed choices about moves and/or quality of life issues beyond the demographics pertaining to a particular geographic location. If you don't wnat to read something more than once, then you're probably not a researcher you're a helper. So help!

Last edited by Sunday1; 07-24-2009 at 11:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs