Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 07:33 AM

3,118 posts, read 5,354,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by divakat View Post
Most of Naperville is young professionals, but many have young children as well. For single professionals, I'd stick near downtown Naperville. There are a bunch of apts. right next to the train which seems to have more young, single people. Plus you have the added advantage of being near the North Central college campus and the night life in downtown Naperville. As an earlier poster suggested, Four Lakes Village is nearby and has a ton of young, single professionals as well. They also have a pub, skihill and a ton of pools.
Thanks! This is the answer I was looking for. Looks like a good place to live for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 09:12 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,252,946 times
I think it is fascinating to read the Naperville threads. For one young professional he/she is told it is Utopia, and sooo easy to drive into Chicago. Yet for another who is looking for something very similar in Naperville, they are told the drive to Chicago is terrible and they should live somewhere else. It doesn't make sense.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:55 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,062,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
I think it is fascinating to read the Naperville threads. For one young professional he/she is told it is Utopia, and sooo easy to drive into Chicago. Yet for another who is looking for something very similar in Naperville, they are told the drive to Chicago is terrible and they should live somewhere else. It doesn't make sense.
No, your post doesn't make sense. I think it's all in your head.

No one claims that it's super easy to drive to Chicago from Naperville. And many residents appear to like it like that.

When was Naperville talked about like it was utopia?

Who is looking for something similar to Naperville and what do you mean by "similar to Naperville", anyway? I don't even know what you're saying after that..

Old 07-21-2012, 11:15 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,062,630 times
Besides, an opinion about what's an easy drive and what isnt is just an opinion. Since other people are gonna disagree with it, it only matters so much to where entire populations move to for thier commutes.

But people rarely talk about Naperville being an easy drive to Chicago.

Last edited by urza216; 07-21-2012 at 11:48 AM..

Old 07-21-2012, 11:42 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,707,618 times
Naperville is a nice city don't get me wrong but not a utopia. However for a young professional being near the college or downtown is probably your best bet. Driving to Chicago from Naperville isn't "far" but can take time with traffic.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:51 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,205,839 times
Quote:
Most of Naperville is young professionals.

That's hilarious.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:27 AM

382 posts, read 824,682 times
Well as one of the few people on this thread who actually lives in Naperville, and who is a young (ish) professional, I stand by what I said earlier. Much of Naperville is comprised of young professionals. There are also plenty of middle class people as well. It has 150k people, so if you want to find your niche you can probably find it. Commuting to the loop on the express train is 33 minutes. Commuting by car not in traffic takes 45 minutes if you are on the North side of Naperville. Have no idea what the commute is in rush hour to the city by car but it takes me 45 minutes to get to Ohare each morning.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:20 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,354,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
This is a fair statement. I think it just depends on the person. And there is no "easy drive" to Chicago. It's all relative to Chicagoland. So relative to Chicagoland Naperville might be an "easy drive" compared to other suburbs. If you work in the city it doesn't make much sense to live in Naperville if your a YP.

Last edited by jman07; 07-22-2012 at 02:30 PM..

Old 07-22-2012, 03:45 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,205,839 times
Quote:
I stand by what I said earlier. Much of Naperville is comprised of young professionals.
No, you said "most." I'd say "some" is more accurate, but I could possibly accept "much". "Most" is completely inaccurate.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:51 AM

5 posts, read 11,469 times
5th avenue station building has converted appartments that attract younger crowd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs