Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:56 AM

17 posts, read 88,267 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me how the commute is coming from Crystal Lake to Deerfiled in the morning? And on the way back in the afternoon.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 12:20 PM

11 posts, read 64,033 times
90 minutes

Old 10-09-2007, 03:50 PM

272 posts, read 484,502 times
I used to live in Crystal Lake and work (now live) in Glenview. It will take you a minimum of an 1:15+. I'm always in Crystal Lake, and the quickest I can make it is :45 minutes, but that's at 8:00AM on a Saturday morning.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:41 PM

5 posts, read 22,693 times
I was wondering about the commute(real time) from Crystal Lake to OHare airport-all different times? Is this a good choice for New Hampshire couple to live for one year! Hopefully not longer! HA!

Old 10-12-2007, 02:46 PM

5 posts, read 22,693 times
Question Where should we live for a year?

We will be renting-already own a great house in NH that we will return to. I have been looking at the map-over and over-husband will be commuting to OHare. I have been looking mostly at far North, North/WEst and West sububs. Two middle aged folks and one yellow lab planning this move within a few months!

I seem to like Crystal Lake-Lake Villa,Round Lake,Lakemoor, Island Lake. Prefer the country although we will venture into downtown Chicago for fun too!

Any suggestions?

Old 10-13-2007, 11:00 PM

6 posts, read 15,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gal View Post
I was wondering about the commute(real time) from Crystal Lake to OHare airport-all different times? Is this a good choice for New Hampshire couple to live for one year! Hopefully not longer! HA!
Equally bad commute - most likely an hour and a half. For him he can take Algonquin Road/IL-62 or stay further up and then come down on the 53 expressway which isn't so bad including during rush hour. You pick it up from south of Crystal Lake and then take it to I-90. The goal is to bypass downtown Barrington and 90 (it's a mad house.) The traffic from I-90 into downtown Chicago is the worst in the Chicago suburbs.

For a New Hampshire couple I would definitely consider the lake country. You get the hills, country, restaurants, that you would want. That said the Chicago area is an extremely difficult one for enjoying the country. The sprawl is so pervasive that you have long commutes and have to go far out to get it. Crystal Lake or Island Lake would do it, you'd love McHenry County. Have fun experimenting with roads, some tips from my experience are: Lake Cook Road is slow, I-90 is terrible, avoid going through downtown Barrington, never take IL-60 through Vernon Hills, and some of the highways cost money (53 is free.) Good luck and hope you enjoy.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:21 PM

17 posts, read 88,267 times
Since the commute from Crystal lake is so long, does anyone have a suggestion of alternate areas I can search for a single family home for about 260k?

Old 10-16-2007, 10:23 AM

677 posts, read 4,210,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm1982 View Post
Since the commute from Crystal lake is so long, does anyone have a suggestion of alternate areas I can search for a single family home for about 260k?
Try Mundelein and Lake Zurich

Old 10-26-2007, 12:17 PM

7 posts, read 38,129 times
You can easily take the Van Galder bus shuttle from Crystal Lake to OHare. You leave your car at the Holiday Inn and they drop you right at your terminal. $16 one way, no cost for parking. It's a nice ride and not your standard bus, very clean and comfy seats. The drive is about an hour in traffic.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:31 PM

28 posts, read 56,746 times
how is the commute from Libertyville to Crystal Lake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs