Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 08:58 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorman View Post
No, clearly not you. You've qualified yourself as uneducated on matters pertaining to vaccination.
Where did you get your doctorate? What studies have you conducted? What journals have you refereed or been published in? Hell, what journals do you even read? How many research classes have you taught? How many have you even taken?

That's what I thought.

Ignore science at your own peril, but don't try to drag educated people down with you. While you're watching playboy bunnies on TV, grownups are hard at work making the world a better place.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:20 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,995,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caver Girl View Post
It must be our imagination that auto-immune disorders are running rampant these days ... diabetes, asthma, allergies, etc. I don't believe that vaccines directly cause these issues, but if a child is prone to them via their genetic code, the vaccines may very well be the trigger.
Allergies are natural, diabetes in childhood linked to genetics and possibly asthma. Auto-immune disorders are a consequence of how the immune system works. Basically you produce lymphocytes, T-cells and B cells that are primed to attack everything including you. The immune system weeds out cells that are too self reactive but no process is perfect.

People had thoose issuse long before the advent of vaccines.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:35 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,995,419 times
Quote:
Great post to a good reference, Chet. Parents clearly want transparency in the vaccination process, as underscored by 11,938 versus 5,785 votes (as stated in the article).

Why no transparency? What's to fear. Vaccine manufacturers have already got full protection from the courts from lawsuits involving vaccine induced injury and/or death, per a 2011 Supreme Court ruling.

I say give the parents the information, or you're hiding something.
LOL, do you know how dangerous, deadly and easy it is to get a disease?

I caught chickenpox on a school trip. The whole bus got it. about 10 kids all from just one child.
http://www.webmd.com/vaccines/tc/chickenpox-varicella-topic-overview?page=2

Now imagine if there had been a pregnant woman on the bus...her child would now be at risk for birth defects. And now I could get shingles at a latter point in life!

Mumps can cause sterility if you get it as a young adult.

The risk of the vaccine is lower than the risk of the disease and most of the things you are vaccinated against can be nasty Polio, Tetanus ect.

Vaccination may have worked too well as we don’t have kids arched over in the horrific pain of tetanus, or in iron lungs anymore.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:58 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,902,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
I can't believe how many people bought into the anti-vaccination BS peddled by a Playboy playmate.
What is fascinating is that it has come out that her son had a seizure disorder and probably never had autism at all.

New Report Says: Jenny McCarthy's Son May Not Have Had Autism After All - HollywoodLife.com
Quote:
Evan's symptoms — heavy seizures, followed by marked improvement once the seizures were brought under control — are similar to those of Landau-Kleffner syndrome, a rare childhood neurological disorder that can also result in speech impairment and possible long-term neurological damage.
Her son's symptom's were not caused by vaccines at all. Originally, she had claimed that Evan was a *Crystal Child.* Children with LKS, appear normal until their first seizure. Most children outgrow the seizures, and electrical brain activity on the EEG usually returns to normal by age 15.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:39 AM

108 posts, read 281,675 times
Sorry guys no longer have time to read your follow ups, so this post may not relate to anything you've said since my last post.

Just wanted to thank you all for helping me to keep this thread alive, as I've posted many links to quality information that literate parents who are willing to fight for their children can use.

Another link for you: Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System
This is the system the government uses to record vaccine injuries. As stated directly on their site:

"The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) is a national vaccine safety surveillance program co-sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). VAERS is a post-marketing safety surveillance program, collecting information about adverse events (possible side effects) that occur after the administration of vaccines licensed for use in the United States.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:23 AM

19 posts, read 29,176 times
Quote:
Sorry guys no longer have time to read your follow ups, so this post may not relate to anything you've said since my last post.

Just wanted to thank you all for helping me to keep this thread alive, as I've posted many links to quality information that literate parents who are willing to fight for their children can use.

Another link for you: Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System
This is the system the government uses to record vaccine injuries. As stated directly on their site:

"The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) is a national vaccine safety surveillance program co-sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). VAERS is a post-marketing safety surveillance program, collecting information about adverse events (possible side effects) that occur after the administration of vaccines licensed for use in the United States.
I stubbed my toe the other day. I'm reporting it as an adverse event from my MMR vaccine I got 40 years ago. I mean, who knows? If I died from measles when I was a child, I would have never stubbed it!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:00 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
What is fascinating is that it has come out that her son had a seizure disorder and probably never had autism at all.
Yep. Even if he did, it's disgusting that there are sheep who will give more credence to the half-baked rantings of a celebrity than they do to the entire scientific and medical community.

I realize it's frustrating to not know the roots of Autism, but putting on a tinfoil hat is not the answer. Science is, and it has found no link between vaccines and Autism. There is, however, a link between lack of vaccines and major disease epidemics. Individuals do not have the right to put all of society at risk because of someone's unscientific hair-brained theory.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:12 AM

108 posts, read 281,675 times
This article (June 17, 2012) states that an Italian Court ruled that the MMR vaccine caused Autism in 9 year old child:

Italian court reignites MMR vaccine debate after award over child with autism - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent

"Judges in Rimini, north-east Italy awarded the Bocca family Euros 174,000 (£140,000) after the Italian Health Ministry conceded the MMR vaccine caused autism in their nine-year-old son Valentino. Up to 100 similar cases are now being examined by Italian lawyers and experts suggest the case could lead to other families pursuing cases."

"Luca Ventaloro the family lawyer, said yesterday: “This is very significant for Britain which uses, and has used, an MMR vaccine with the same components as the one given to Valentino. It is wrong for governments and their health authorities to exert strong pressure on parents to take children for the MMR jab while ignoring that this vaccine can cause autism and linked conditions.”"

Please read and draw your own conclusions.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:29 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,335,318 times
Can someone please tell me how this all relates to the Chicago area? I have yet to read a post that informs others on where to find an MD that answers the OP's question. Since this has been going on for the past 5 pages I see no need to change anything, personal views for or against set aside. Please keep it on topic.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:40 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,902,669 times
Please people read and research. Court decisions are not proof.

Try this book by an MIT science writer
The Panic Virus | Seth Mnookin

The Panic Virus: The True Story Behind the Vaccine-Autism Controversy

He presents the science that has demonstrated as conclusively as possible that vaccines do not cause autism. Those looking for the ultimate proof of a negative will not find it here, because it cannot be done using science, as Mnookin points out. He also covers some of the psychological reasons for why people are so willing to believe in junk science, and discusses Andrew Wakefield's chicanery in detail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs