Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2013, 04:09 PM

31 posts, read 42,078 times

Advertisements

My family and i are moving from Colorado to Illinois where my husband is working in Waukegan. I was wanting advice on safe areas to live with good schools. we currently live in the suburbs so was wanting to move out further and have a little land or space. We will just be renting so any advice would be appreciated! i was looking on line and wanted to know what ingleside was like too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 02:46 PM

6 posts, read 10,663 times
I grew up in Illinois around the Shorewood area. Shorewood, Minooka, Plainfield, Morris and Channahon are all okay places to live with good school districts. Stay away from Joliet completely. It is the worst area and the schools are terrible and ghetto. If you want to live out in the country you can check out coal city or diamond. It IS out there though, so you will have to drive 30 mins or so to go do things. This wasn't very much information but it will get you started. Hope this helps!

Old 10-03-2013, 05:41 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,332,804 times
I have no idea why the previous poster would recommend communities on the extreme SW fringe of the region when the OP's husband will be working in the opposite corner of the region!

Probably wiser to start looking around Liberyville or surrounding areas to the west like Johnsburg. Ingleside is a place that once had vacation cottages and never really developed a strong school system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs