Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 09:27 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,507,429 times

Advertisements

Check out Omega in Crestwood on Cicero. Best dang fried saganaki I ever had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 10:30 AM

2,329 posts, read 6,631,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2toddlers View Post
For a great Maxwell St Polish, nothing beats Portillos..mmmm..I've only visited the one in Vernon Hills, but I believe there are several.
I would hardly call Portillos a "hidden restaurant"...

Old 12-07-2007, 10:43 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,343,229 times
La zaza is not going out of business from what I keep hearing. That is a very good italian restaurant in st. charles. The improvements in that area are so far not affecting it.

the mill race in has a bar/restaurant under the regular restaurant that is very nice and "pubby". Upstairs - a nicer "fancier" atmosphere, again good food but $$.

Fisherman's Inn - pretty good. Very pricey. We found the service less than stellar both times we went there. An "old time" supper club atmosphere. Trout is excellent.

Good thai food is in schaumburg: thai garden - along golf road in a strip mall.

Barnaby's pizza is in schaumburg too, on golf road. Good pizza and meat ball subs.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:16 PM

18 posts, read 77,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
Villa nova pizza. Pershing 2 blocks east of harlem in Stickney. Awesome pizza and italian food. Very small family joynt.
Qs pizza - hillside IL on butterfield road.
The Country house - in Geneva on kirk road (also in hinsdale still?). Great burgers.
I second the Villa Nova, I grew up in Stickney and the pizza there is awesome! I also love Salerno's on Grove, and Michael Anthony's on Ogden both are in Berwyn.

Fresh Start - Breakfast & Lunch only, cheap and good!
York Rd. south of Butterfield
Elmhurst

Anthony B's Pizza
17th and Division
Melrose Park

Gina's Italian Ice (only open in the summer)
Roosevelt and Oak Park
Berwyn

Prince (fast food, best gyros w/ garlic sauce!)
Manheim just south of North Ave.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:35 PM

91 posts, read 483,782 times
This was 7 years ago, but I used to love Gemato's in Naperville. You could get two "Chicago" dogs in natural casing with a drink and fries for 3.99...A student's dream. They had great Gyros, the real deal. They had the lamb roasting right where you could see it. I don't know if they're still open or not.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:18 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,595,502 times
This is awesome, I wish I could get this output in the Chicago section.:-(;-)

Old 12-08-2007, 01:27 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,772,986 times
we went to this new restaurant a month or so ago. DH had a reunion there, and the food was awesome. Best fish i'd ever had.

this was the only web addy i could find OnQClub Hennessy's - Chicago Illinois Billiards Steak Seafood Restaurant

It's called Hennessy's Steak & seafood i think
the address is Elgin, but it's on Randall, just north of I90 [had no idea that was Elgin]

It's pricy, and seemed like a "Meat market" ... but the food was incredible!!

Old 12-09-2007, 05:41 PM

610 posts, read 2,728,163 times
For a great hotdog and fries with the skin still on I love Jack Straws in Wheaton @ the corner of Naperville and Willow.

For outdoor pizza eating I like The Venice Tavern in Batavia on Rt. 25 next to the river. They have great music outside on the weekends. The restaurant is in an old factory.

I usually get a craving for chicken fried rice and eggs rolls and drive to East China Inn on Rt. 59 in Warrenville. They have two other locations but this one is the best I think.

I second Fox Fire in Geneva. Great steaks and salads! Restaurant can be a bit loud but food is yummy.

Lastly, Adelle's on College Ave. in Wheaton is very good and a fun place to go with a small group. Not too loud and kinda cozy.

Boy am I hungry now!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:52 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,521,797 times
My vote goes to Maria's Mexican Restaurant in 9440 W Foster Ave in Rosemont.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:21 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,351,166 times
I forgot to mention Scooby's. Both locations I know of (West Chicago and Sycamore) have stellar hot dogs, Maxwells, etc. Same goes for the Happy House hot dog stand in West Chicago, as well as Pal Joey's pizza.

Dang all this food talking!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs