Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 05:19 PM

9 posts, read 19,864 times

Advertisements

My company will move to downtown next year. I am looking for a two bed room apartment. I want to rent a two bed room apartment which has washer/dryer in unit. Need safety and better school district. The budget is less than 1350.
I found I only could find Naperville which match my requirement.
But there is still a problem: Pace runs too early since I want to catch 8:24 Metra. How to find parking lots near Naperville metra station? The time should from 8:20AM to 6:30PM.
I googled the information. Somebody said maybe there was business or personal would rent their parking lots. How could I find these information? Any information or suggestion is welcome..

Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 06:06 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
Doesn't this route work? It gets to Rt 59 in time for the 8:16. Do you mind the extra eight minutes? Are you near the park and ride?http://www.pacebus.com/pdf/schedules/675sched.pdf

Old 11-24-2013, 06:34 PM

137 posts, read 549,653 times
Mr. Kwiks (630) 369-0067 on Washington St used to rent spots, not sure if they still have any available, but might be worth a call.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:35 PM

Thanks, pvande55. Extra eight minutes is ok to me. But the apartment I tried to find is around brookdale road. It only has Route 682.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Doesn't this route work? It gets to Rt 59 in time for the 8:16. Do you mind the extra eight minutes? Are you near the park and ride?http://www.pacebus.com/pdf/schedules/675sched.pdf

Old 11-24-2013, 07:37 PM

Thanks you, acdevane. Real useful information. I will try to reach him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdevane View Post
Mr. Kwiks (630) 369-0067 on Washington St used to rent spots, not sure if they still have any available, but might be worth a call.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:51 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarslan View Post
My company will move to downtown next year. I am looking for a two bed room apartment. I want to rent a two bed room apartment which has washer/dryer in unit. Need safety and better school district. The budget is less than 1350.
I found I only could find Naperville which match my requirement.
But there is still a problem: Pace runs too early since I want to catch 8:24 Metra. How to find parking lots near Naperville metra station? The time should from 8:20AM to 6:30PM.
I googled the information. Somebody said maybe there was business or personal would rent their parking lots. How could I find these information? Any information or suggestion is welcome..

Thanks guys.
The lots closer to the station are mostly paid parking or you can get a monthly pass, but there is a waitlist and it's quite long. There is spots right in front of the station that open up at 8am but you would need to be gone by 5pm and cost $2/day. There is also free parking garages down the street if you don't mind a little walk. I have heard that for those garages the police will chalk your car and if you're there after a certain time they will give you a ticket, not sure if that's true or not. Most free spots(and paid) will fill up by 6:30am. As far as businesses you can check around I am not sure.

You can also leave from the Lisle station, there is a bowling alley across the street and they will let you park there for like $50/month but I would ask them first obviously.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:58 PM

Thank you, mattywo85. We don't mind a little walk and expect free parking. But from past thread, there are little chance to get parking spot around Naperville metra station after 8:00AM. Also I think it should be heavy traffic at that time. Maybe walking one or two miles is the another choice..
Regarding Lisle station, I didn't start search apartment yet. If could get parking lots, it should be another good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
The lots closer to the station are mostly paid parking or you can get a monthly pass, but there is a waitlist and it's quite long. There is spots right in front of the station that open up at 8am but you would need to be gone by 5pm and cost $2/day. There is also free parking garages down the street if you don't mind a little walk. I have heard that for those garages the police will chalk your car and if you're there after a certain time they will give you a ticket, not sure if that's true or not. Most free spots(and paid) will fill up by 6:30am. As far as businesses you can check around I am not sure.

You can also leave from the Lisle station, there is a bowling alley across the street and they will let you park there for like $50/month but I would ask them first obviously.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:32 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,099,271 times
One thing to consider is live within walking distance of the train station. If you want to be in the middle of Naperville there's some apartments within walkinng distace of the train station right behind it as well as more towards north central college. You could also consider Railway Apartments by the Rt 59 train station. A little pricey due to the location but its super convenient never worry about parking plus probably save a decet amount of moey each month not having to take bus, pay for parking, pay parking tickets, etc. I had a number of friends live there and its a pretty nice place.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:51 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarslan View Post
Thank you, mattywo85. We don't mind a little walk and expect free parking. But from past thread, there are little chance to get parking spot around Naperville metra station after 8:00AM. Also I think it should be heavy traffic at that time. Maybe walking one or two miles is the another choice..
Regarding Lisle station, I didn't start search apartment yet. If could get parking lots, it should be another good choice.
That is correct that finding a parking spot after 8AM will be quite a challenge. However the parking garages down the street will probably not fill up by then and they are free, just keep in mind you will be walking from the garage to the station in the winter.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:38 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,099,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
That is correct that finding a parking spot after 8AM will be quite a challenge. However the parking garages down the street will probably not fill up by then and they are free, just keep in mind you will be walking from the garage to the station in the winter.
DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS!!!! You'll get away with it most of the time but if you do this consistantly you will wind up being ticketed at least once a week, possibly twice a week. Especially with holiday season comming up when parking is more in demand. Some businesses and banks hire security guards to watch you park, see where you walk and then call a tow truck if you dont walk into their business. THey also mark tires and will get you if your car is sitting longer than a few hours.

If you get to the train station late and all spots are taken and the option is not go to work, drive to the city or park in a parking garage well sure park in the parking garage but don't make a practice of it or it will be very expensive for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs