Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 5,063 times

Advertisements

I want to move to a Chicago suburb with a predominent white community. I have looked at Flossmore, but very worried about where that community is headed with a jump of 40% black residents in the past 10 years. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 11:42 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,099,271 times
not sure if this is a troll post or not. there's nothing wrong with wanting to live in a white community. same way some people come on here looking for diversity nothing wrong looking for homogenity orw hatever the word for that is lol.

this is pretty basic easy info to find out. first off common sense tells you burbs like naperville, barrington, lake forest, yorkville, oswego and many others are mainly white. this is basic census data.

you dont give any specifics about where you want to live, where your working, etc which leads me to believe this is just a troll post trying to stir things up b/c this will cause a debate with teh diversity people whining about how you shoudl be more openminded

Old 01-11-2014, 08:50 PM

424 posts, read 467,853 times
How much u got? If a lot go north shore. If average Naperville, Orland Park, Elmhurst. If low budget Plainfield or Lockport. Cheaper you go the less chance to stay white.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:29 AM

54 posts, read 148,542 times
Per Wikipedia:

Geneva -

As of the census[12] of 2000, there were 19,515 people, 6,718 households, and 5,186 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,321.4 people per square mile (895.9/km²). There are 6,895 housing units at an average density of 820.2/sq mi (316.5/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 96.50% White, 1.02% African American, 0.06% Native American, 1.25% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.58% from other races, and 0.56% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.77% of the population.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:45 AM

300 posts, read 639,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60605 View Post
I want to move to a Chicago suburb with a predominent white community. I have looked at Flossmore, but very worried about where that community is headed with a jump of 40% black residents in the past 10 years. Any recommendations?

Why are you worried that its 40% Black? I sense a little closet racism

Flossmoor is a great city with good schools and a great park district, its right off the Metra Electric line if you work downtown too.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:48 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,099,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Revival View Post
Why are you worried that its 40% Black? I sense a little closet racism

Flossmoor is a great city with good schools and a great park district, its right off the Metra Electric line if you work downtown too.
its not racism to have a preference. same way some people seek out diversity some people dont like diversity. im sure some will say this is racist even though its just stating my real life experience but i've lived in naperville and white communities. when i moved to a more "diverse" area which was also a bit lower income as well so maybe its income maybe its race who knows, but my experience was that people didn't take as good care of their yards and homes.

in my street children would be playing but instead of the normal conversations and sounds you hear of children playing these children were all talking about older brothers and sisters in gangs, talking about drive bys, swearing. you had more prertpy crime, etc.

like i said im sure some of it is due to renters and not owners, some is due to income but there's no denying a more diversse area to me menat a lower qualiity of life. also, its a fact people like to be around people like them. its a fact nothing wrong with it

Old 01-12-2014, 04:42 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,906,017 times
Sorry Charlie. If you can afford to move to an affluent community you get fewer blacks and hispanics, but more Asians. Lily-white suburbs are fading fast.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:35 PM

172 posts, read 316,198 times
Frankfort, il 98% white

Old 01-12-2014, 08:41 PM

217 posts, read 581,334 times
Here we go! God forbid someone has a preference that does not fit the liberal diversity is always good mold that is the mantra of our "leaders".

Old 01-12-2014, 11:10 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,066,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60605 View Post
You spelled Flossmoor wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lud Kissel View Post
Here we go! God forbid someone has a preference that does not fit the liberal diversity is always good mold that is the mantra of our "leaders".
Well, the thing is.. It's not being "politically correct". It's just ACKNOWLEDGING that America isn't a lily white country.

Statements like this are why I've concluded that "conservatism" is often just a synonymous for ignorance and "a liberal" is often times someone who just states the obvious. But the last time I said that, I got banned for 2 weeks for "personal attacks" (even though the moderator was unable to tell me who exactly it WAS that I personally attacked by bashing conservatives in a thread where no one even described themselves as conservative). When the ban was over, I also wondered why I should come back and regularly to a forum that doesn't seem to even want me posting... Later, guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs