Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 11:06 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,508,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_orchid View Post
Hi,

I am starting a new Job in Burr Ridge, IL in 34 days, I have to miove in 30 and I have no Idea where to look for a great place to live. I need advice. I am a renter and I have no children, but I do have pets. So any advice would be great. I would really like to be with in 20-30 minutes of my work.

Thanks in advance!

-K-
I would check out Willow Springs, Lemont, or Hickory Hills if I were you. Steer clear of Justice unless you can put up with grit and the smell of burning corn (Corn Products, Inc.)

About using I-55, I-55 has a nasty habit of becoming a parking lot or doing the hoky poky from about 8AM-6PM, everyday of the week now it seems . To put I-55 in perspective, it has basically become the Santa Ana Freeway of Chicago. (Doesn't move smoothly because it is too outdated and cannot handle the all traffic going to and from Will County)

By moving to one of the three towns I named in the first paragraph, you are within a 15-20 minute commute on surface roads which are usually open all day and night long and those three towns will offer many mom and pop type of apartments vs. corporate ones. Many of the mom and pop buildings will pay your heat, water, cooking gas, and allow pets (usually cats, birds, fish, but no dogs ) Hope this helps.

Here was an example of a listing I found on the following link (162. Willow Springs - lg 1 BR condo balc new crpt patio lndry $749 pool sm pet ok 630-***-****)

Daily Southtown Subclassification: Unfurnished Apts. for Rent - Suburbs 12/2/2007

Here is the link that I think can help you out. :: Classifieds ::

Last edited by NYrules; 12-07-2007 at 11:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 11:45 AM

79 posts, read 264,442 times
Thumbs up LINK to Area Residential Rental in Chicago & Near Burbs

AMLI Residential Chicago, IL Apartments - Region Overview

Old 12-07-2007, 01:59 PM

4 posts, read 9,138 times
We are going to be looking for a house to rent, we (DBF and I) was two large Chows (90lbs each) and two cats. We also have a welder and pipebender so we need a garage for shop space.

My work is right off the 55 so is that going be making it difficult to get in and out?

Old 12-07-2007, 02:05 PM

1,464 posts, read 5,508,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_orchid View Post
We are going to be looking for a house to rent, we (DBF and I) was two large Chows (90lbs each) and two cats. We also have a welder and pipebender so we need a garage for shop space.

My work is right off the 55 so is that going be making it difficult to get in and out?
Getting in and out of where? I-55? Here is what it looks like right now. Right now it's moving nicely, but check back in an hour or two. http://www.gcmtravel.com/gcm/showCameras.jsp?cameraName=ST-11&cameraName=ST-12A (broken link)

Is there any reason you don't want to buy? Might be a wise investment if you can find an affordable place. Buying will allow you to get back larger amounts on your tax return in April.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:00 PM

4 posts, read 9,138 times
We are not interested in Buying until we have been there for a few (6-9) months so that we can decide if it is the right location. and we have to do a little credit repair

Old 12-08-2007, 09:18 AM

1,016 posts, read 4,541,531 times
btw, 55 is getting an additional 3rd lane between Weber Road and I80. I believe it is due to be completed by the end of 2008 so that should hopefully help traffic on 55 once it is completed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs