Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:20 PM

274 posts, read 709,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB74 View Post
Another ***** white liberal, dumbsh*t. Go seek psychiatric help.
If he doesn't want to live around black people then that's his choice and he can move anywhere he wants. Maybe he doesn't want to live around animals who have no respect for their surroundings.
Im black. So I guess that makes you the dumbass.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:42 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,192,619 times
Quote:
Well if you're black then stop covering up for your people when they do things like throw trash out of the window of a car. Who cares where the women live. The reality is that a good number of black people behave like animals as shown by the people who dug up all of those dead bodies in Alsip. There is bad in every race but nobody else would do something so despicable. Smart white people know how many blacks are so we don't want any of you living around us. We know that once too many black people move into an area, the property values go down and the crime rate shoots up in many cases.
Areas like Olympia Fields are an exception and far from the rule.
Go ahead and accuse me of being a KKK member if you want but I'm just telling it like it is. There wouldn't be any "white flight" out of areas that have a lot of black people moving in if black people as a whole knew how to act civilized.
Yeah just like Hitler and his Nazi army technically killed millions of his own race just because of being a Jew, Polish, and others he killed. Yeah very civilized there smarty

Old 07-12-2009, 11:51 PM

274 posts, read 709,019 times
Quote:
Well if you're black then stop covering up for your people when they do things like throw trash out of the window of a car. Who cares where the women live. The reality is that a good number of black people behave like animals as shown by the people who dug up all of those dead bodies in Alsip. There is bad in every race but nobody else would do something so despicable. Smart white people know how many blacks are so we don't want any of you living around us. We know that once too many black people move into an area, the property values go down and the crime rate shoots up in many cases.
Go ahead and accuse me of being a KKK member if you want but I'm just telling it like it is. There wouldn't be any "white flight" out of areas that have a lot of black people moving in if black people as a whole knew how to act civilized.
Most blacks do know how to act civilized. I read from a few post that you're a cop? So you probably see a lot of disrespectful and down right ghetto blacks day-to-day, is that why you feel this way?

As for the Alsip case- Yes it was an awful incident, but so is child molestation. (which the attacker most of the time is white.) In my opinion, that's even worse.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:37 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,074,538 times
Dude, the Alsip reference is pretty weak. When it comes to over-the-top psychos, child molesters, serial killers, etc. it's hard to compete with white people. You'll lose that game pretty badly.

Trash, dysfunctional families, violent neighborhoods, bad schools -- that's a different story. The reality is what it is.

Quote:

Old 07-13-2009, 04:03 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,869,214 times
Default Kevin, you went too far

Kevin,

You make some valid points but you went too far regarding the Alsip cemetery. I remember 2 years ago in Georgia they had a similar situation where bodies were not cremated to save money on a massive scale. This fraud in Alsip and the digging up of corpses could have been done by bad people of any race.

And regarding referring to whites as child molesters this is such crap as many family molestations are not reported among hispanics and blacks. Given the reported numbers it is easy to infer that whites are more likely to be rapists/molesters, but this is misleading. I suspect if you incorporate all the molestations that occur amongst family members there would not be a big difference between the races.

Where I am from in southern Indiana there are no black people (less than 0.1% of population in last census). There may be some blacks who pass by and throw out garbage as they drive thru the highways but most of those who throw out garbage are white. Trash is trash, regardless of race. Growing up, my dad and I would walk the 2 miles of roadside ditch along our property and pick up bags full of trash (mostly beer bottles and fast food wrappers).

It is unfair to say that black people throw out garbage more than whites or any other race. In Humboldt Park, young blacks throw out garbage all the time (sometimes as I am picking it up in my front yard), but it is not about race but that these are young idiots. I also see alot of Puerto Ricans and Mexicans (some are the kids of my renters) who throw out candy wrappers, etc.

This morning, I saw a group of 20 well-dressed Jehovah's Witness canvassing the neighborhood. (I hate that sh#t). Not a single one of them dropped garbage or any other items on the sidewalks as they walked by. They were Mexican/Puerto Rican, but I am sure the same would have been true had they been white or black, asian, etc.

There is trash in every race, so it is about how people were raised, not the color of their skin.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM

Default Kevin

It isn't that black people are moving in that is causing the decline of the south side. It is the level of the black people moving in.

If a bunch of white trash were to start moving into areas like Winnetka (assuming they could afford it) the area would decline as well. Now, high home prices keep the riff raff, regardless of race, out.

Unfortunately, on the south side, many areas are really cheap and government programs such as section 8 have allowed the trash to move in.

If it was black professionals, and not trash, moving in, these areas would be getting better, not worse. Unfortunately, the black professionals would much rather live in more affluent areas and the trash is free to move in, which is leading to the decline of many areas such as Calumet City and Lansing.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:11 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,074,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
Kevin,

There is trash in every race, so it is about how people were raised, not the color of their skin.
Exactly. And it would seem that blacks in and around chicago are raised with a disproportionate lack of civic consciousness. I would never say it is genetic. It is cultural. It is still arguably true, though. And of course there are many individual exceptions. These are just trends.

In a trash white area there would probably be lots of whites tossing trash. I don't see that much in chicago though.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:20 PM

863 posts, read 2,784,370 times
Quote:
Where I am from in southern Indiana there are no black people (less than 0.1% of population in last census). There may be some blacks who pass by and throw out garbage as they drive thru the highways but most of those who throw out garbage are white. Trash is trash, regardless of race. Growing up, my dad and I would walk the 2 miles of roadside ditch along our property and pick up bags full of trash (mostly beer bottles and fast food wrappers).
Humboldt, I was going to tell a similar story. Some years back, I was riding in a car full of friends (I was the only black person) in a small town in central Indiana after we'd gone to McDonald's for lunch. One of the guys threw an entire bag of garbage out of the window into a nearby corn field. I was appalled. I made the driver stop so we could go back and get it.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:36 PM

Default Skye

I appreciate your efforts (can't believe you were able to get them to go back). That is probably one less bag I had to pick up growing up. I grew up less than an hour from Indianapolis.

Regardless of our opinions of some south side neighborhoods, I respect your opinions and value your input.

Having picked up other peoples garbage while growing up, and now as a landlord, I always throw my trash in the garbage bin, even if I have to walk a few blocks to find one.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:42 PM

863 posts, read 2,784,370 times
Quote:
I appreciate your efforts (can't believe you were able to get them to go back). That is probably one less bag I had to pick up growing up. I grew up less than an hour from Indianapolis.

Regardless of our opinions of some south side neighborhoods, I respect your opinions and value your input.

Having picked up other peoples garbage while growing up, and now as a landlord, I always throw my trash in the garbage bin, even if I have to walk a few blocks to find one.
At the time, the driver had an interest in keeping me happy.

People littering a huge pet peeve of mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs