Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 9,039 times

Advertisements

hello, everyone chicago heights is the best town in america. chi heights crime is basically on the eastside, westside, and the hill. the town is very intergrated i grew up with blacks, mexicans, and whites. in my book its a great place too live and raise your childern. theres a lot of bad press because of the mafia who used too run the street and the gangs who run em now. but the areas i mentioned where not as bad until the mob left.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:02 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,459,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAHEIGHTS1987 View Post
hello, everyone chicago heights is the best town in america. chi heights crime is basically on the eastside, westside, and the hill. the town is very intergrated i grew up with blacks, mexicans, and whites. in my book its a great place too live and raise your childern. theres a lot of bad press because of the mafia who used too run the street and the gangs who run em now. but the areas i mentioned where not as bad until the mob left.
Sounds like the schools are first rate too. I'm sold.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,530 times
no way!!! there is tons of crime in chicago heights! i say, the best town in america is key west!

Old 03-14-2007, 06:01 AM

4 posts, read 30,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAHEIGHTS1987 View Post
Its the best town in America if you are a gang banger or a crack salesman!

Old 03-14-2007, 07:48 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,016,634 times
When I lived near Chi Heights in the late 60's, early 70's, that was not a desireable place to live back then.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:48 AM

5 posts, read 32,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago rd View Post
Its the best town in America if you are a gang banger or a crack salesman!
This is the kind of ridiculous hyberbole that makes it impossible to ever get decent advice on these boards.

So, you are saying that Chicago Heights is comparable to Liberty City in Miami or Compton in CA?

Or is Chicago Heights just a diverse area that simply has a lot of lower income familes?

Low income areas aren't always nice, but they aren't CRACK dens either.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:01 AM

102 posts, read 163,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
This is the kind of ridiculous hyberbole that makes it impossible to ever get decent advice on these boards.

So, you are saying that Chicago Heights is comparable to Liberty City in Miami or Compton in CA?

Or is Chicago Heights just a diverse area that simply has a lot of lower income familes?

Any town that is predominatly non-white is bad to the people who post on these boards. You can't get decent advise on this board it is all biased.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:06 AM

5 posts, read 32,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrik2714 View Post
Any town that is predominatly non-white is bad to the people who post on these boards. You can't get decent advise on this board it is all biased.
It's a shame. I understand the bias, but it's frustrating. As someone who wants to move to Chicago, it's hard getting straight advice...it's either mansions or crackhouses.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:49 PM

4 posts, read 30,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post

I have never been to Liberty City or Compton, I have how ever live and work in the Chicago Heights area all of my life, you can't sit at a stop light with out someeones loud music shaking your car, I know what its like to hear gun fire once a week or to see someone pissing next to my garbage cans.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:53 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,086,496 times
I was born in Chicago Heights, there was a reason we left. That is all I'll say about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs