Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 10:10 AM

172 posts, read 313,915 times

Advertisements

Everything I said in my post is true.

Lincolnway 210 is 4 high schools. Many school districts are on the states financial watch list. The school that closed is lincolnway north which served mostly unincorporated frankfort. Lincolnway east which is across from my subdivision (frankfort proper) is where my kids will go and is a nationally ranked high school w excellent academics and athletics as I wrote out in the post u quoted.

New home construction continues to rise. Frankfort is doing just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 02:54 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,065,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Blish View Post
Why not let the boundaries be changed to allow students from Matteson, Country Club Hills, and Richton Park attend since enrollment numbers are down?
This would actually be a good idea. Country Club Hills is too far away from the Lincoln Way schools. White flight won't happen if they only let a some of Matteson and Richton Park attend Lincoln Way schools. They should let Matteson west of I-57 and Richton Park between I-57 and Cicero avenue. They should also have a big chunk of Homer Glen in the boundaries too, since Lockport HS is overcrowded. This make actually decrease the white flight. Better schools=more people wanting to move to Matteson/Richton Park which will help the area be more desirable and more students in Lincoln Way schools= more $ for the district.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:16 PM

4 posts, read 5,323 times
Default Frankfort

Franfort is a nice place, and Tinley Park used to be a nice place.

10 years Frankfort is Tinley - which is to say get ready to send your kids to private school and pay public school taxes. The demo change is from east to west and that hole frankfort square is the diving board.

In the southland you are better off staying north and west e.g. Lemont, Palos height, Palos park, homer glen, etc.

Frankfort wouldn't even make the top 5 of best southwest suburbs.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:42 PM

2,155 posts, read 5,454,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanpear View Post

10 years Frankfort is Tinley - which is to say get ready to send your kids to private school and pay public school taxes. The demo change is from east to west and that hole frankfort square is the diving board.

In the southland you are better off staying north and west e.g. Lemont, Palos height, Palos park, homer glen, etc.

Or maybe, I dunno...you can just not flee at the first sight of a black person...seems to have worked in many other "non-south/southwest" suburbs...funny...

Old 08-15-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanpear View Post

Median home price in frankfort is 357k, median income is 113k. Yeah frankfort is a real ghetto. Laughable post. It is one of the top SW burbs.

Old 08-15-2015, 09:32 PM

119 posts, read 297,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drss01 View Post
Median home price in frankfort is 357k, median income is 113k. Yeah frankfort is a real ghetto. Laughable post. It is one of the top SW burbs.

Frankfort is a nice suburb. But nothing symbolizes suburban tax dollar waste more than a 100 million dollar high school campus built in 2007 sitting vacant. I don't understand why they wouldn't choose to close one of the older high school campuses. Lincoln Way central was built in the 1950's. I am sure the district would save money on property maintenance closing an older high school. Unless there is another local school district that is willing to take on the newer campus and maybe recoup some of their loss that way. A new high school campus would definitely be a much needed upgrade for nearby rich township school district. All three of their high school campuses are old and out dated. I wouldn't be surprised if rich township wants it. Given how close lincoln way north is to matteson.

Last edited by gregbuck; 08-15-2015 at 10:22 PM..

Old 08-16-2015, 04:52 PM

2,155 posts, read 5,454,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbuck View Post
Frankfort is a nice suburb. But nothing symbolizes suburban tax dollar waste more than a 100 million dollar high school campus built in 2007 sitting vacant. I don't understand why they wouldn't choose to close one of the older high school campuses. Lincoln Way central was built in the 1950's. I am sure the district would save money on property maintenance closing an older high school. Unless there is another local school district that is willing to take on the newer campus and maybe recoup some of their loss that way. A new high school campus would definitely be a much needed upgrade for nearby rich township school district. All three of their high school campuses are old and out dated. I wouldn't be surprised if rich township wants it. Given how close lincoln way north is to matteson.
Regarding the last bolded part...I am sure Frankfort residents and the school district would rather torch the school than see students from Matteson and Richton Park attend there. I mean...when you look at the history of the area, many residents in the Lincoln-Way district moved there FROM Matteson and other south suburbs east of 57. This would definitely make them feel "encroached upon by them" in very PC terms lol.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:33 PM

119 posts, read 297,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
Regarding the last bolded part...I am sure Frankfort residents and the school district would rather torch the school than see students from Matteson and Richton Park attend there. I mean...when you look at the history of the area, many residents in the Lincoln-Way district moved there FROM Matteson and other south suburbs east of 57. This would definitely make them feel "encroached upon by them" in very PC terms lol.
And there lies the irony. Because what other district is going to want a high school built in the corn fields. At volmer rd and harlem. Matteson's border is less than a block away. Three older high school campuses in rich 227. The expansion taking place in frankfort, new lenox always seemed a bit unrealistic to me. I guess, "If you build it they will come".

Last edited by gregbuck; 08-16-2015 at 11:59 PM..

Old 08-17-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
And there lies the irony. Because what other district is going to want a high school built in the corn fields. At volmer rd and harlem. Matteson's border is less than a block away. Three older high school campuses in rich 227. The expansion taking place in frankfort, new lenox always seemed a bit unrealistic to me. I guess, "If you build it they will come".
It's bc they want to lease out north campus building to Joliet junior college or governor state university
My understanding those talks are taking place.

Old 08-17-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:

Come take a ride through frankfort, construction is booming again and I'm not talking spec homes.
I find it impossible that the residents of D210 will change boundaries to include matteson, or sep
The building, that's out of the question the board has said as much. The district knows that will cause another white flight, I'm not saying that's justifiable but that's what will happen the board knows it. Hell it's the frankfort schools that axed a super Walmart from being built on Tinley land on Harlem, even tho Walmart offered huge prop tax revenue, the residents said hell no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs