Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 10:36 PM

19 posts, read 33,001 times

Advertisements

Hi wjj

Ok, I guess we will have to see what comes on the market. On the wishlist, though!

Reg schools, yes I understand the security concerns, and exactly the reason for my question. All we are looking at is an intro to their programs. Tks on both responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 06:45 PM

Ok, so here is where we are:

The move has been initiated by the repo company and we are in Lake County from May 8-18 for our home and school finding. I have been on various rental websites like Realtor, Trulia, Zillow etc and though I am finding homes in our budget, the Carpets issue seems to stand out

I wouldn't make a big deal of it, but my son is rather severely allergic. Can anyone suggest is there a better way of finding homes with no carpets? At least, with 2 bedrooms free of carpet? Or can anyone suggest ways to work around the issue?

In Singapore, I have all our bedding and furnishings UV cleaned to make sure that the dust mites are eliminated. This is in addition to going crazy with a vacuum cleaner with HEPA filters.

Some other school districts that have been suggested for my daughter entering 5th grade are:

Lake Zurich CUSD 95
Northbrook ESD 27

Any opinions on these?

Also, is anyone familiar with Spencer Loomis Elementary School? Would love to know more...

Old 03-11-2015, 07:45 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,082,003 times
Those are still highly regarded school districts, but far from Waukegan. Would it be ok if a home has hardwood flooring, but with a small carpet that you just place it on the floor? I've seen a few homes around the area that all hardwood floors throughout, but they've had carpets placed on the floor.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:29 PM

Hi 4122

Sure, that would be just fine. Could you direct me to some of those areas please?

Old 03-11-2015, 11:36 PM

I saw one in Lincolnshire and one in Buffalo Grove that would've been perfect, but they just got off the market. However, I've also found a rental in Highland Park. Schools are very good there too. The schools for the rental are Sherwood Elementary, Elm Place Middle School, and Highland Park HS.

981 Ridge Rd, Highland Park, IL 60035 is For Rent | Zillow

Old 03-12-2015, 08:24 AM

24 posts, read 42,427 times
For your four year old keep in mind that in the North suburbs are still half-day kindergarten although many are evaluating it currently. See this thread on the issue if you want to read more. We live in Deerfield and are very happy that the town just switched to full-day for next year (though it will be a paid offering initially).

Old 03-12-2015, 08:48 AM

Here's a list of schools in IL that have full day kindergarten:
http://www.isbe.state.il.us/earlychi...ndergarten.pdf

It's from 2008 so Deerfield schools aren't going to be on there since they just approved full day kindergarten on Monday. However, many of the schools your looking at have full day kindergarten. I'm not against half day kindergarten, but I'm not against full day kindergarten. It's a matter of what you prefer.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:14 PM

Hi ks-man & 4122

Tks for the info! For our 4 year old, we are also open to looking at private Mobtessori schools before he turns 5 and is eligible for public schooling. Mainly because he is in a full day program currently and that is what he is used to.

Am hoping the housing gets resolved without too much pain!

Old 03-12-2015, 10:04 PM

There are multiple montessori schools in the area. There's one not too far from the rental in Highland Park called Montessori Connection. They offer full day programs and half day programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs