Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:10 PM

3 posts, read 9,211 times

Advertisements

What a joke. I'm born/raised from the SW Side and honestly? I wouldn't move to Orland with my kid. I don't believe the education is close to Hinsdale. I feel Orland is the "hey we made it" for the SW side kids who grew up in the Marquette Park, etc. area. Well you may have "made it" but you also bring with the never-going-to-die racism, sexism, neanderthal thinking you can't escape from the SW burbs.

BUT I will say my biggest concern about Hinsdale is $=spoiled rich kids/attitude where you overjudge and well, face it money brings problems---how's the bullying, judging, and drug use in those schools?

I don't know but a lot of these near and in SW burbs leave a bad taste in my mouth. I worked/visited Highland Park for 2 years and quite frankly, it's kind of where I rather go. At the very least you're away from the SW burb mindset that limits kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 08:27 AM

74 posts, read 167,657 times
Well, thanks for playing "Let's Stereotype!" latervader...

Johnny, tell her what she's won!

Old 07-30-2010, 08:51 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,354,654 times
Default Schools / attitudes...

I am a former school teacher. I know a lot about bad attitudes from kids and staff. I live in Clarendon Hills, my kids went to D181 and I am still involved in the issues. D181 has an outstanding environment, the "Character Counts" programs are done with seriousness and dedication. Many teachers still live inside the district, they are not just employees, they have. A much grater than average stake in the success of the schools and the kids. The local police take criminal activity seriously, the DARE cops are well rrained and dedicated.

Fears of privledge are not baseless, nut from everything I see the elementary school is doing a superior effort to prevent any negative effects. Of course attentive parents with an understanding of limits have an even greater impact, and believe me with as many parents aware of the negative consequences to themselves and their children of having a laiseze fair attitude there is few parernts that do not have limits on what is tolerated...

Old 07-30-2010, 08:59 AM

43 posts, read 250,346 times
Avoid Orland like the plague. It's set to become a combination of the Gaza Strip and Robert Taylor Homes as folks from the other SW burbs (ninjas, cabbies, section 8 mamas) continue their invasion (crusade?) into that area.

Go west young man, GO WEST.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:22 AM

huberman, stop spreading your nonsensical bullsh*t.... Gaza strip? Robert Taylor Homes? Invasion?

Laughable. Laughable at best.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacas1 View Post
huberman, stop spreading your nonsensical bullsh*t.... Gaza strip? Robert Taylor Homes? Invasion?

Laughable. Laughable at best.

I'm laughing all the way to the western suburbs my friend. You can have your SW burbs. Hope you enjoy Sharia law & daily muggings.

I am the poster child for white flight, and proud of it.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:12 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,457,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huberman View Post
I'm laughing all the way to the western suburbs my friend. You can have your SW burbs. Hope you enjoy Sharia law & daily muggings.

I am the poster child for white flight, and proud of it.
LOL! More and more people are becoming open and honest about this these days at least, to which I give some perverse credit (a $1 beer perhaps). But what's west? Naperville? I got news for you, there's already some Section 8 there. Not only this, but they have lots of land to build on, which means low home prices in some of the outlying areas. That's never good news for a white flighter. Hope that's not where you went.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:02 PM

Sharia law and daily muggings... LOL. Let me ask you this: How many Glen Beck posters do you have exactly?

There is a huuuuuge concentration of middle easteners out west, champ. In case you haven't noticed. And you just may have a little thing called section 8 out there...

Old 07-30-2010, 12:26 PM

I don't debate people who:

a) don't know what they are talking about
b) are sickos who get a weird thrill from trying to get a rise out of people
c) are crazy

And huberman goes three for three! I'm out....

Old 07-30-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacas1 View Post
I don't debate people who:

a) don't know what they are talking about
b) are sickos who get a weird thrill from trying to get a rise out of people
c) are crazy

And huberman goes three for three! I'm out....
First of all, can't stand Glenn Beck. Yuck.

I know exactly what i'm talking about my friend. I've lived on the SW side for most of my life. I know exactly.

I'm not trying to get a rise out of anyone. I could care less if you reply. I offered my opinion on a forum. Don't like it? Move on.

Crazy is subjective. People called Brian Wilson crazy but he ended up being a genius. Not saying i'm a genius or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs