Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 10:10 PM

4 posts, read 6,074 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what North Shore Country Day's acceptance rate is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 10:14 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
What age is the child? junior kindergarten is probably easiest. senior kindergarten next. The next points would be 5th, 6th and 9th grade. All other grades depend on attrition for whether or not you could get a place.

I don't have a clue how many children are accepted though. How did your child do on the screenings or tests?

Old 06-23-2015, 01:05 PM

4 posts, read 6,074 times
Fair point. I guess what I was looking for was a rough estimate of the high school (entrance in 9th grade) acceptance rate. I've asked around, and I came up with a roughly 23% acceptance rate - does this sound accurate to you?

Old 06-23-2015, 01:33 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,361,596 times
Default Way way way too low...

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastballer View Post
Fair point. I guess what I was looking for was a rough estimate of the high school (entrance in 9th grade) acceptance rate. I've asked around, and I came up with a roughly 23% acceptance rate - does this sound accurate to you?
Where in the heck do the other 77% of kids end up?

None of the private schools in the region would really benefit from publicizing their true acceptance rates. I know, from first hand experience, that even the most selective private high school in Chicago, that serve both affluent folks from areas with nice schools as well those of more modest means looking for an alternative to not so desirable local public school, accept a FAR HIGHER percentage of applicants than that...

The criteria for admission are NOT just academic, but depend on how much the whole FAMILY could bring to the school environment and that INCLUDES potential to make nice things happen to the school's endowment...

I would be surprised in anything less than 80% of students with scores in the fat part of the bell curve / no criminal complaints and parents able to pay "list price" are accepted.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:22 PM

176 posts, read 218,670 times
I would be surprised if the acceptance rate were that low. The public schools surrounding North Shore country day are so strong, that a small percentage of people living in Wilmette/Winnetka/Kennilworth/Glencoe (or for that matter, even Evanston) are really looking for private options (unless they find that their kid is getting lost in the crowd at NT or something). Those who are are usually looking at parochial options because having a religious education is important to them (like people in Wilmette who go to St. Francis Xavier then Loyola). I hear people commute from Chicago to go to North Shore Country Day, but if you had an option, wouldn't you rather commute to Latin or Parker or Lab?

Old 06-25-2015, 12:52 PM

939 posts, read 2,380,017 times
I would also agree that the number is way low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs